Game Masters, commonly known as GMs, are volunteers of the GatheringRO Corp. that operate the server whose job is to assist players and enforce the rules.
GMs have access to special commands which allow them to perform their job duties in the game. For a list and description of these tasks, see GM Commands.
- The names and public message text of GM characters are displayed in yellow text.
- Private messages from GMs are displayed both in the log panel and at the top of the screen, like global messages.
- GM names are nearly always in the format '<GM> Name', where '<GM>' is a unique tag players can't use themselfs. Characters that do not exactly follow this format and are not wearing the unique Game Master clothing should assumed to be fraudulent.
- GMs will never ask for any of your account details in-game; they will always request that you submit account-related queries through the Support Ticket system.
- GMs will never ask for your password under any circumstances.
- GMs characters have a unique appearance. Males wear a white garment with gold trim, which extends down to the character's feet. Females wear a white miniskirt with gold trim.
- GMs will never ask for items or zeny from players for any reason, but they may give items to players as prizes during special events or as compensation for items lost due to circumstances outside of a player's control.
If you encounter a character who claims to be a GM but does not meet the aforementioned criteria, you should immediately report it by submitting a ticket to Support Ticket system.
Community Managers can be identified by their forum rank title below their avatar image, their rank should read "Game Master".
- GMs can be identified by a red Game Master tag. The Administrator may use an orange colored Administrator tag instead.
- When viewing the Moderation Team group listing, they are listed there as part of the group. Which can be viewed here.
Please note that you should NEVER give out or post your Gathering Ragnarok Online account login information anywhere at all. If you need account assistance, please contact the GM Team via the Support Ticket Service. The GM and Community Management Teams will NEVER ask for your Gathering Ragnarok Online account password. Do NOT give out your account password to anyone, instead keep it private and as secure as possible.