- The players can not reenter this instance if the players happen to exit this instance before the instance is done (e.g. disconnected, died then respawn). It is suggested to bring in case the players died on the middle of the instance.
- Most of the monsters here are Insect race and Poison elemental.
- Bring various elemental armor to help survive the damage from Faceworm Queen.
- Poison armor or undead armor will nullify the numerous poison damage in this instance.
- Spell Breaker can be used to interrupt various enemy skill and deals damage.
The Faceworm Nest instance is located at the right of the two large areas in the bottom left pathway in the Dimensional Space
. The instance needs to be done in 1 hour. It can be done solo or in a party, and the difficulty may scale with the number of members in the party, about 21 + (11*party members) faceworm amount per section.
There are three NPCs related to the instance; the Magic Scholar, the Old sign, and the Interdimensional Device. The Magic Scholar will create the instance when the party leader speaks to him.
The Old sign shows players fastest completion time of the Faceworm Nest instance along with the name of the party leader and how many people were in the party. If a new record has been made, it will be broadcasted to everyone in the server. The Interdimensional Device allows the party to enter the instance when spoken to.
Inside the Faceworm Nest are Faceworms to kill. There are four main types of Faceworms to kill, three of which are required to be killed in order to move on.
- Water Ball) (can use painful
- (info in part 5)
- (traps, not necessary to kill)
The Faceworm Nest instance is divided into five parts. When the boss of each part is killed, a treasure chest appears that can be clicked on that drops a garment, Special Stat enchant, which are similar to the Special Stat enchants obtainable on ., or the slotted version . This garment will come pre-enchanted, possibly pre-refined, and possibly slotted, and depending on how fast each part is completed will determine what option the Giant Faceworm Snake Skin will have. Faster completion time of each part will give the garment better enchant, better refine rate, and a higher chance to be a slotted one. The garment can have up to three enchants, ranging from 1~5 on each stat twice while the garment the Faceworm Queen drop can have a stat up to 7, and a possible
- Once inside the instance, players will appear in a location in Payon. Heading down, Chaos and Iris can be found. Have the party leader click on them to initiate a brief conversation with the duo, and then Faceworms will spawn all around the map. Scattered around the map are , , and , which do not need to be killed. Also present around the map are mounds of dirt. Walking near them will trigger numerous Faceworm Larva, except while being invisible (e.g. Cloaking, Camouflage. Though they do not need to be killed to continue the instance, it is advised to get rid of them quickly as they move fast and can get in the way. The Faceworms can take some time to kill, having over 400,000 HP per Faceworm, but are generally slow, but do hit for a lot.
- Once all Faceworms are killed, the Dark Faceworm will spawn in the bottom right of the map. This Faceworm has 5 million HP. Eggs will spawn near it that will have a cast bar. Once the cast bar finishes, the eggs will heal the Faceworm. Once killed, the treasure chest will appear, and the portal will open up in the bottom right area near the large rock pile where the Dark Faceworm had spawned. Proceed through the portal to enter part 2 of the instance.
- Talk to Iris and Chaos once again. After they finished talking, Faceworms will spawn again and they will need to be killed once more.
- Once all the Faceworms are killed, the Dark Faceworm will spawn in the north of the map. Like before, this Faceworm has 5 million HP. Also like before, there will be eggs that spawn that can heal it when their cast finishes. The Dark Faceworm can cast Water Ball, which may be mitigated by wearing water element armor. Once killed, the second treasure chest will appear and the portal to part 3 will appear. The portal is at the very south of the map, to the right of the portal that was used to enter part 2.
- Iris and Chaos are nowhere to be found. However, a high number of poison sacks will now spawn whenever players reach certain areas and they will respawn whenever players walk near. These poison sacks have a very slow timer and when they reach zero, they will explode and deals moderate damage, so the players should move away from them. Although the damage can be avoided with either Kyrie Eleison or Hide, standing near too many poison sacks can prove fatal if unavoided. However, the poison sacks can be killed fairly easily. Like the mounds of dirt on part 1, being invisible won't trigger the poison sacks. The narrow canyon area on the first half on this part won't have any Faceworms. Follow the path north to the large open area to find more Faceworms to kill, while also being careful of the poison sacks.
- The Dark Faceworm will spawn in the north area with 5 million HP as before. This time, instead of eggs, poison sacks will appear to help hinder players and heal the Dark Faceworm. Once killed, the third treasure chest will appear and the portal to part 4 will appear in the bottom right of the fourth area. Do note poison sacks will continue spawning if players approach the area so proceed to the next area with caution.
- Still no sign of Chaos and Iris. Instead, large clouds of bubbly poison fills numerous areas of this part. Approaching the center of any of the poisons will deal continuous damage at a high rate, killing players rapidly. This damage can be avoided with Kyrie Eleison and Hide like the poison sacks in part 3, but it is better advised to avoid walking too close to the centers. Players can use an undead or poison armor to avoid the damage and traverse the area safely. Kill all the Faceworms in this area, while being careful of the poison. Since the poisonous area can heal the Faceworms, it is advised not to fight them inside it.
- The Dark Faceworm spawns in the west area this time. While also having eggs again to heal it, there will also be clouds of poison that spawn near it when fighting this Faceworm. Avoid the poison if possible while killing the beast. When this Faceworm dies, the fourth treasure chest will appear, along with the portal on the west that will lead to the final area. Beware of the poison as it will not go away.
- Iris and Chaos are here now, and once the party leader talks to them, the Faceworm Queen will soon spawn. The Faceworm Queen has an extraordinarily high amount of HP, 28m + (2m*party members number) to be exact. The Faceworm Queen proves to be a formidable foe with her high amount of HP and devastating attacks. She can cast a powerful Water Ball, Storm Gust, and even Earthquake. The Faceworm Queen will start in Poison mode, and can change her element randomly to Fire, Earth, Water, or Wind. An announcement will be shown when she does so.
- While fighting the Faceworm Queen, Chaos will tell players to move the Queen to a certain direction. Doing so will allow Chaos to deal a high amount of damage to her, helping to kill her faster. Beware of moving her too far out from the middle however, or she will become enraged. She will use everything from the previous rooms, namely the egg healing, the poison sacks, and the poison clouds. Spell Breaker can be used to interrupt her skills and deals damage to her.
- After killing the Faceworm Queen, the final treasure chest will appear, which contains two Giant Faceworm Snake Skins. A Transport Device will also spawn to allow players to head back to the Dimensional Space.