|Job Type:||2-2 Transcendent|
|Number of Skills:||4|
|Total Skill Points:||27|
|Total Quest Skills:||0|
With knowledge comes understanding, and with understanding comes mastery. The Biochemist's unyielding dedication to research and experimentation have raised them to the summit of scientific knowledge. Now that their proficiency with potions and chemicals is unmatched, they are on the verge of manipulating the very laws of nature!
Biochemists (Alt: Creator) are a much stronger class than the Alchemists, provided there are sufficient funds and SP for the new skill Acid Bomb (often abbreviated to "AB" or "AD" as it is known as Acid Demonstration on some other official servers.). While Alchemists were more of a melee class, Biochemists have the option to level with a skill other than Cart Revolution and Mammonite. Many invest a great amount of their stat points into INT instead of AGI, and level with Acid Bomb or magic attacks from weapons (i.e. Fire Bolt through the weapon Fireblend) and Homunculi instead.
Biochemists are a popular class in iRO because of the amount of damage they can deal to MVPs in particular, as well as because their third job class Geneticist is a handy and capable character in War of Emperium.
- Acid Bomb while expensive yields good exp-rates against MVP monsters. Try to get a Priest to cast Lex Aeterna on the MVP first, though, to save some money on the consumable items required for the skill.
- An AGI build can solo maps such as Juno field 4, which has a lot of the low HP Harpy monster. Veins Field 3 for Magmarings is also a good spot.
- A more supportive Biochemist might find a place in a party with other players using the Aid Potion skill.
The cost of Acid Bomb is overcome by the zeny gained from MVPing while solo or in small parties. A Biochemist will usually beat the competition on almost any MVP. It is highly recommended to pair up with a Priest or preferably an Arch Bishop when working on MVP monsters, as most MVP monsters are balanced for combat with third job characters in mind. Arch Bishops are particularly helpful, as their skill Sacrament will significantly improve the cast time of Acid Bomb. Having a dedicated tanker (usually a Sura) will help a lot as well, and the Biochemist may opt for more DPS equipment rather than damage reduction equipment.
Acid Bomb will deal a lot of damage to some players in PvP, particularly those not wearing a lot of demi-human or ranged reduction. A player fully geared with a "WoE Set" will often take very low damage from acid bomb, however. It is not recommended to PVP on a character below 3rd job, as much of your competition will likewise be 3rd job characters.
Eden Group Equipments Quests
- Main article: Eden Group Equipments Quests
Most transcendent characters will have already completed some Eden Equipment quests already and can reuse the equipment. If the character has not done the quest yet, they can do it as a transcendent character as well. The One Handed Sword is a good weapon and generally a good choice for an Alchemist and their future classes' use.
General Equipment Recommendations
- Main article: Equipment
The Equipment article lists some general all purpose equipment that is useful through the PVM phase and also for endgame use as well.
Third Class Compatible Equipment
- Main article: Geneticist Equipment
It is recommended to look at the Equipment recommendations for the Third Class job to see what equipment to strive for, rather than to spend a lot of money on a piece of equipment that will not be used in the future as a third class. However, some equipment may have a high level requirement, or are transcendent only.
After considering what requirement skills have (some skills can only be used with certain weapon types), the Weapon Search tool within the iRO Wiki DB site is very helpful. Generally, for physical classes (both melee and ranged), something with high ATK is best. For magic classes, something with high MATK is best.
Link to the iRO Wiki DB Weapon Search: http://db.irowiki.org/db/weapon-search/
A Biochemist built for Acid Bomb should aim for equipment that adds ranged Damage icnreases, but failing that anything that adds MATK/INT or ATK/STR. Defensive equipment versus MVP monsters is also vital.
- DEX, high ATK godlike item weapon. This is a powerful War of Emperium reward.) (+50
-  (Fairly high ATK for a one handed sword, and has 3 card slots for cards.)
-  (Extremely high ATK weapon)
-  (Those who cannot afford the above weapons can settle for the Giant Axe. It has a very high attack power.}}
-  (Slotted and adds protection versus boss monsters.)
- Acid Bomb.)  (Slotted and adds noticeable damage to
-  (Can add ranged damage, MATK, and ATK. This is the best garment)
-  (A very defensive garment which will serve you well)
-  (Best garment to use in WoE by leaps and bounds.)
- (Max HP/SP +20% if you leave these at +0.)
-  (Suitable increase to max HP.)
- War of Emperium reward.) (+25 INT and +20% HP/SP. This is a powerful
-  (Best footwear to use in WoE by leaps and bounds.)
- STR/AGI/VIT/INT/DEX/LUK, slotted armor).  (+1
- Acid Bomb)  (offers some delay reduction for the after-cast delay on
-  (Good DEF, STR +2, HP +150. handy if you can't afford any of the above gears.)
- (Could be useful, as it reduces damage from boss (MVP) monsters. no card slot limits its use.)
-  (Best armor to use in WoE by leaps and bounds.)
-  (This is the best shield for MVPing/WoE by far.)
-  (Can be useful in MVP/WoE due to the neutral reduction.)
- (Definitely a must-have for MVPing.)
- (One of the best mid gears, all stats +2)
-  (A good slotted accessory for boosting MATK)
-  (Conversely to the earring, this one increases physical damage)
- STR/AGI/VIT, +10 LUK/INT, godlike item accessory. This is a powerful War of Emperium reward) (+6
Potion Brewer Set
King Poring Hat
Below are listed the skills that are unique to the Biochemist class. For more information about Alchemist skills, click here.
|Consume 1 ATK and MATK, and the target's VIT.and 1 to hurl the contents of both items at a targeted enemy to inflict an amount of damage affected by this skill's level, the caster's||10||Offensive|
|Uses a condensed potion to heal all of the caster's party members, guild, or an allied guild within a 7x7 cell area around a targeted spot. Level affects color of potion used.||10||Supportive|
|Attempt to create a random type of Mushroom (Lv.1) or Plant (Lv.2) with a 50% success rate. Disabled in WoE.||2||Active|
|Protects the armor, weapon, helmet and shield of a party member from being damaged or stripped for the skill's duration.||5||Supportive|
|Classes of Ragnarok Online|
|Novice Class||Novice • High Novice • Super Novice • Super Novice 2|
|First Class /
High First Class
|Swordman • Thief • Archer • Mage • Merchant • Acolyte|
|Second Class||Knight • Crusader • Assassin • Rogue • Hunter • Bard • Dancer • Wizard • Sage • Blacksmith • Alchemist • Priest • Monk|
|Transcendent Second Class||Lord Knight • Paladin • Assassin Cross • Stalker • Sniper • Minstrel • Gypsy • High Wizard • Scholar • Mastersmith • Biochemist • High Priest • Champion|
|Third Class||Rune Knight • Royal Guard • Guillotine Cross • Shadow Chaser • Ranger • Minstrel • Wanderer • Warlock • Sorcerer • Mechanic • Genetic • Arch Bishop • Sura|
|Expanded Class||TaeKwon Kid • Ninja • Gunslinger|
|Expanded Second Class||Star Gladiator • Soul Linker • Kagerou • Oboro • Rebellion|
|Expanded Third Class||Star Emperor • Soul Reaper|