|Changes At:||Capital City|
|Number of Skills:||22|
|Total Skill Points:||100|
|Total Quest Skills:||0|
A Ranger is the third job class of a Hunter / Sniper. Rangers are given a huge wolf-like mount called a Warg that they can also use to attack their enemies. They also have new and powerful traps at their disposal, from Cluster Bombs, Electric Shockers, to traps that can change an opponent's elemental property when triggered. While a Hunter goes to hunt, a Ranger goes to war.
Job Change Guide
See [Job Change Guide] for detailed information.
You can see all the latest player created class guides right here.
|Upper||HP/SP leeching gear. It has a higher HP leech proc rate than Vanargand Helm, which makes it suitable for trapper build. At +9, HP/SP absorption amount is doubled.|
|Upper||HP/SP leeching gear. At +9, it has a higher SP leech proc rate than a +9 Rideword Hat.|
|Upper, Mid||General purpose variable cast time reduction gear. Quite useful in reducing Arrow Storm cast time.|
|Upper||for +7% attack, +5% ranged damage, if upgraded to +9.|
|Lower||Autocast various bolts while physically attacking. Good gear to increase DPS. Note however, that autocasts from CD in mouth is not counted towards hitting Emperium in WoE. The magical autocast help in proccing Lucky Day enchant.|
|Upper||Wind Walk SP -20 and increases ranged physical attack by 5%. At +7, increases ATK by 2 for every 5 base INT. At +9, increases Arrow Storm damage additionally by 2% per 10 Base Level.|
|Upper||STR+2, DEX+2, 10% additional damage on Brute monsters. Chance to transform into Eddga, giving additional (25 * refine level) ATK. An excellent headgear for Auto-Warg ranger to increase arrow damage.|
|Upper||Def+6, Atk+30, 10% additional damage on Brute monsters. If worn with, has a chance to transform into Atroce, giving additional +30ATK. An excellent headgear for Auto-Warg ranger to increase arrow damage.|
|Upper||STR+5, MHP+5%, -10% damage from Fire monsters. Gives +1 ASPD at +9, and additional +1 ASPD for every 2 refine levels after +9. An excellent headgear for Auto-Warg ranger to increase ASPD.|
|Upper||Dex+1, luk+1, additional 1 dex and luk for every refine above 5. +10% ASPD.|
* Slots are hidden. However, the headgear can be carded as normal.
|Arrow Storm, Auto-Warg||Ranged attacks +50% when used with Warg Strike ATK does not take into calculation any ranged damage bonus).. Best bow to increase arrow damage (mind, that|
|Arrow Storm, Auto-Warg||Ranged attacks +50% when used with. A cheaper version of Elven Bow, and also the best bow to use as a Hunter/Sniper.|
|Arrow Storm, Auto-Warg||Ranged attacks +50% when used with. An inferior bow when compared to Elven and Hunter bows, as it has a lower base ATK and slotless. This is usually the preferred bow for Arrow-Storm Shadow Chaser.|
|Arrow Storm, Auto-Warg||At high refine, it is the best bow to increase Arrow Storm damage. Biolab Enchants can be done on the bow as well.|
|Auto-Warg||A good bow for hit-locking an enemy as it autocasts Fiber Lock when attacking. WARNING: Attacking an MVP that is trapped will be registered as a "Rude Attack" and cause the MVP to teleport. Biolab Enchants can be done on the bow as well.|
|Trapper, Warger||Best trapper knife since it adds dex and int per refine. Enables up to four cards to be slotted into the weapon for a highly flexible playing style.|
|Trapper, Warger||Enables up to four cards to be slotted into the weapon for a highly flexible playing style.|
|Trapper, Warger||high ATK for autowarg, the earthquake helps proc Lucky Day.|
|Warger||good for autowarg against high DEF target. can be slotted or malangdo enchanted (can't be both).|
|Trapper, Warger||Perfect Dodge +20. A good weapon for pull/tanking purposes. Malangdo Enchants can be done on the dagger.|
|Warger, WoE||A good weapon for WoE, PVP or tanking demi-human monsters.|
† Socket Enchant can be done on the gear to add card slot(s).
Arrow Storm Ranger
White Wing Set:
Must wear the full set for maximum Arrow Storm damage. Some players that are able to one-shot monsters within a map without the set may opt for a Raydric Carded garment for more protection however. These gears can also be enchanted in the Mora Village with additional enchant options when the gears are refined to +9 and above.
- with x2
When upgraded to a high refine, this bow is the strongest for Arrow Storm and can be very expensive. However, the SP cost of Arrow Storm can be doubled or more when using this, depending on refine rate. Big Crossbow (BXB) can also be enchanted, albeit with considerable chance to destroy said weapon, through the Biolab Enchants. Each Archer Skeleton Card will increase ranged damage by 10%.
Other options that do not have increased SP cost:
- Hunter job change. It can also be NPC bought.) + (Unslotted Hunter Bow is given for free at the
Using Elven Bow with Elven Arrows or Hunter Bow with Hunter Arrows adds a 50% ranged damage bonus. These are good options to use, especially if they can one-shot the monsters already. Both arrows can be purchased in Mora (level 100+ to enter, or find a warp there)
Medal of Honor is a powerful accessory that adds 5% more damage, +300 HP, +60 SP, +1% chance of casting blind on ranged attack, and boosts healing items by 5%. This accessory and other KVM / Valor equipment is usually acquired by saving up Eden Merit Badges and converting into Valor badges. It is also an account bound accessory. For more information, please see Battlegrounds.
A Sound Amplifier has a very large boost to a performer skill (Metallic Sound), but can actually be equipped by Rangers as well. The 50% variable cast reduction is very helpful, especially for builds that are not purely Arrow Storm or builds with low INT. Do note that without a , casting skills such as Arrow Storm can be interrupted. If the party has a dedicated tank, and the player is experienced at avoiding monsters, a Phen may not always need to be equipped (hotkeying a Phen accessory is necessary though in case the player does get mobbed with monsters). Another option is to put a Phen Card into the Sound Amplifier accessory of course.
Other Phen Options:
The objective of this build is to ensure 100% critical rate and max aspd (193 ASPD) to hitlock an enemy (that is, to flinch an enemy by attacking at quick and regular intervals so that it can not move towards the attacker). Therefore, equipments that increase ASPD, CRIT and LUK are very important for this build.
There is a very large selection of ASPD gear available in the game. And with the addition of new cards and gears, White Wing Set is no longer a necessity for auto warg builds as it will proc double strafe skill which may break the hitlock on an enemy. Some of the gears that may prove useful for this build are as follows:
An all rounder garment to increase ASPD, Ranged Damage, Neutral Resistance, Critical Damage when used with 90 AGI/DEX/VIT/LUK respectively.
A garment that can be enchanted to greatly raise certain stats. The list of enchants is further explained in Fallen Angel Wing Enchants
A footgear that is very effective at increasing attack speed. Can also be enchanted with various Old Glast Heim Enchantment.
A footgear that is selected to maximize critical damage. Excellent when used with 120 base LUK for +30% critical damage. Can also be enchanted with various Old Glast Heim Enchantment.
An accessory that is very effective at increasing attack speed and damage, with +10% ASPD and +7% damage. Does not have a slot however.
Another option for ASPD and also has a slot. This item can be obtained for free by completing the Doha's Secret Orders quest. This quest only requires level 90 to begin the prerequisites but it is strongly recommended to reach a higher level (125+) first, or get help from a high level friend, as the monsters in this quest are level 130-135.
- Headgear (Top):
- : These helps with SP recovery and a small amount of HP recovery.
- : This gives +5 perfect dodge and other additional various stats.
- Good helm to help tanking against demi human and boss monsters.
- Good helm to help tanking.
- Headgear (Middle):
- : This gives 5% neutral resist to help tanking.
- : This gives good +3 perfect dodge.
- : Good +2 increase to all stats.
- : Extra 10 vit, good for tanking.
- Headgear (Lower):
- : Good for farming since this the item drop increase procs a lot when mobbing.
- : extra 2 dex for trap damage.
- : Good +1 increase to all stats.
- : Good +3% demi human resistance for PVP and WOE purpose.
- Headgear Cards:
- Any status resistance card especially to counter bleeding, stun and silence. Incubus Card. Arcangeling card.
- Healing Items when leveling. Note that these stack additively with the Rideword Hat and Vanargand Helm. + x 4: Four cards add up to a total of 12% chance to restore 60% damage as HP. This eliminates the use of
- + x 4: Better version of main gauche with similar utility.
- : Good +20 perfect dodge for tanking.
- : Good for PVP, WOE or tanking demi human monsters.
- : Pretty good armor that gives total 8 perfect dodge if paired with * .
- : Good defense, but very heavy.
- : Good defense and unbreakable.
- : This gives +2 increase to all stats and +1% boss damage resist every 2 upgrades.
- : Slotted holy armor for elemental tanking purpose.
- : To be combined with Etran's Undershirt for tanking purpose.
- Armor Cards:
- Any elemental armor card. Marc card. Pecopeco card.
- : Best shield with extra 20% resistance to fire, water, holy and dark element.
- : Good shield with good defense.
- : Good shield with good defense and extra 500 HP. Quite heavy.
- : Good shield to resist neutral attacks.
- : Reflect is nice to help proc autocast, also cast time uninterruption is good. The unslotted version has +3 ASPD addition.
- : Good shield to resist ranged attacks.
- Shield Cards:
- or or every racial resist card available
- : Good perfect dodge, make sure to upgrade it.
- : Very versatile garment. Make sure you pump stats to 90 and to upgrade to +7 and +9 to get the benefit, and a nice addition of [[Greed}}
- : Nice garment to provide extra SP, element resistance and small SP leeching.
- : Nice garment to combined with temporal boots for extra HP and SP, aim for dex, int or vit enchant.
- : Nice garment to combine with Pantie and Deviling card for tanking purpose.
- Garment Cards:
- : 'default' card to for all purpose since it provides 20% neutral resist.
- : More superior than raydric card since it provides 50% neutral resist, but with drawback of extra 50% damage increase from other element.
- : Nice +5 perfect dodge card.
- : Nice shoes with added HP and SP for survivability.
- : Pretty nice 3 dex addition for every 3 upgrades.
- : Nice 300 HP addition ever 3 upgrades and extra 8% HP at 120 vit for survivability.
- Footwear Hidden Slot Enchants:
- : +200 dex fo 5 seconds is a huge increase in trap damage (doubling trap damage if you have 100 dex and int). But 250 SP cost is quite a lot. Make sure to bring SP healing items and SP leech gears.
- : +200 luk for 5 seconds with no drawback is very nice.
- : +1000 DEF boots for 5 seconds is a huge assistance when tanking. Note that even though it reduces weapon atk and matk by 50%, it barely affects trap damage since trap damage mostly coming from int and dex.
- Footwear Cards:
- Any cards that increase max HP to help mobbing.
- : good if paired with for total 8 perfect dodge.
- : perfect accessory granting +1 to all stats and spell breaker skill.
- : nice accessory to reduce fire, water, earth and wind element by 10%.
- : extra +5 int, dex and agi.
- : extra +5 int, dex and luk.
- Accessory Cards:
- : nice +5 perfect dodge
- : nice card to reduce fire, water, earth and wind element by 10% (and another 10% by chance)
|Increases attack power and resistance against brute, insect, and fish monsters.||10||Passive|
|Deal high damage to an immobile target, releasing the immobilization. Damage depends on size.||10||Offensive|
|Deal up to 1800% damage to all targets in a wide area.||10||Offensive|
|Puts the user in a semi-cloaked status, meanwhile increasing ATK and CRIT, while reducing DEF.||5||Active|
|A self-buff to increase ranged attacks by 50-250% for a minute||5||Active|
|Gives the user a chance to shoot several arrows rapidly by chance when attacking.||5||Active|
|Allows the user to call a warg with his warg flute. Cannot be used with a falcon.||1||Active|
|Mounts the user on his warg, increasing movement speed but limiting attacks and skills.||3||Active|
|While mounted, makes your warg run fast in a single direction.||1||Active|
|Increases damage and effect of warg skills.||10||Passive|
|The warg's "Blitz Beat" ability, including auto-strike.||5||Offensive|
|Deal damage, making the target immobile and unable to use some cloaking skills.||5||Offensive|
|Reveal hidden targets around you, casting Warg Bite by chance.||5||Active|
|Immobilizes a target and drains his SP over time.||5||Active|
|Increases INT, Max SP, as well as trap damage and placement range.||5||Passive|
|Changes monsters' elemental attribute in a 5x5 area to fire property.||1||Active|
|Changes monsters' elemental attribute in a 5x5 area to water property.||1||Active|
|Changes monsters' elemental attribute in a 5x5 area to earth property.||1||Active|
|Changes monsters' elemental attribute in a 5x5 area to wind property.||1||Active|
|Place up to three that can be detonated.||5||Active|
|Detonates certain traps, as well as those in the 7x7 area of that trap.||1||Active|
|Deals 5x5 area damage and causes the burning status.||5||Active|
|Deals 5x5 area damage and causes the freezing status.||5||Active|
|Fully restores HP when cast and increases movement speed increases for the skill's duration. All stats +20%.||1||Supportive|
|Hunter • Sniper • Ranger|
|Ankle Snare • Beast Bane • Beast Charge • Blast Mine • Blitz Beat • Claymore Trap • Detect • Falconry Mastery • Flasher • Freezing Trap • Land Mine • Phantasmic Arrow • Remove Trap • Sandman • Shockwave Trap • Skid Trap • Spring Trap • Steel Crow • Talkie Box|
|Falcon Eyes • Falcon Assault • Focused Arrow Strike • Wind Walker|
|Aimed Bolt • Arrow Storm • Bomb Cluster • Camouflage • Cobalt Trap • Detonator • Electric Shock • Fear Breeze • Fire Trap • Full Throttle • Ice Trap • Keen Nose • Magenta Trap • Main Ranger • Maze Trap • No Limits • Tooth of Warg • Trap Research • Verdure Trap • Warg Bite • Warg Dash • Warg Mastery • Warg Rider • Warg Strike|
|Classes of Ragnarok Online|
|Novice Class||Novice • High Novice • Super Novice|
|First Class /
High First Class
|Swordman • Thief • Archer • Mage • Merchant • Acolyte|
|Second Class||Knight • Crusader • Assassin • Rogue • Hunter • Bard • Dancer • Wizard • Sage • Blacksmith • Alchemist • Priest • Monk|
|Transcendent Second Class||Lord Knight • Paladin • Assassin Cross • Stalker • Sniper • Minstrel • Gypsy • High Wizard • Scholar • Mastersmith • Biochemist • High Priest • Champion|
|Third Class||Rune Knight • Royal Guard • Guillotine Cross • Shadow Chaser • Ranger • Minstrel • Wanderer • Warlock • Sorcerer • Mechanic • Genetic • Arch Bishop • Sura|
|Expanded Class||TaeKwon Kid • Ninja • Gunslinger|
|Expanded Second Class||TaeKwon Master • Soul Linker • Kagerou • Oboro • Rebellion|