GatheringRO Community

The Encyclopedia of Wizards

LeoGuardian

Since my last guide was a phailure, I'll create a one character guide that ownsh :D Note if you don't have at least 20-30m then this guide isn't for you-ish

Part I ~ Job Change

Part II ~ Stats

Part III~ Skills

Part IIII~ Equips

Part V ~ Sprite Errors, Can't change jobs?

Party VI ~ Letter from the Author

PART I

When you first come in as a novice, talk to the novice guard. Get your novice set and get happy huntin!

First go to pay_fild04. Kill 3 porings then start on poporings. When your level 45, go to prontera job change. Switch to a mage. This will be alot easier because you don't have instant cast and you can take down tougher monsters without hitting 1's every time. VERY IMPORTANT. GET SOUL STRIKE RIGHT AWAY! Soul Strike is the only move that doesn't take forever to cast. Also, it does a fair amount of damage. If your a daredevil, skip to lou_fild01 right away and start blasting away at Mi Gaos. When you are lvl 99, reborn. Repeat the Novice part and then talk to job change person to change to high mage. Get soul strike and level up to lvl 50 job. You need the skill points for skills later on. Talk to the job change npc and TADAAAHHH! Part I complete

PART II

Novice

Str: 1

Agi: 1

Dex: 30

Vit: 9

Int: Every extra point

Luk: 1

Mage

Dex: 40

Int: Extra extra point

Wizard

Dex: 50

Int: Every extra point

High Novice

Dex: Every point

Int: 5 every 20 dex

High Mage

Dex: Every Point

Int: 5 every 20 dex

High Wizard

Str: 100

Agi: 100

Dex: 150

Int: 200

Vit: 200

PART III

Skills as a High Wizard

Jupitel Thunder 10

Lord of Vermillion 10

Meteor Storm 10

Storm Gust 10

Heaven's Drive 5

Sight 1

Fire Bolt 10

Cold Bolt 10

Lightning Bolt 10

Soul Strike 10

Ice Wall 5

Water Ball 3-5

Increse Spiritual Power 10

That's basically all the skills you will need/use

PART IIII

Poor-ish 30m-50m

Headgear- Magician Hat/Skeggiold Hat

Body- Formal Suit Freezing (Sasquatch Card)

Weapon- +10 Staff of Piercing/+4 Evil Bone Wand and +4 Memory Book

Footgear- High Quality Sandals

Accesories- Vesper Core 03 and Celebrant's Mittens/Gloves

Garment- Muffler

Normal 100m-500m

Headgear-Magicician Hat

Body- Deadly Formal Suit (Evil Druid)

Weapon +10 Staff of Piercing

Footgear- Boots of Magic Mirror (Cat o' Nine Tails)

Accesories- 2 Orleans Gloves (Any cards)

Garment- Muffler of Ghost (Looking up card. No it is not GR)

Headgear 2- Nebula Aura

RICH!! 600m-1b

Headgear- Skeggiold Hat

Body- Deadly Formal Suit (Evil Druid)

Weapon- +10 Staff of Piercing

Footgear- Deluxe Boots (Researching for card)

Headgaer 2- Nebula aura of True Sight (Maya P)

Accesories- 2 Orleans gloves (Any Cards)

Garment- Muffler of Ghost

PART V

Are you having sprite errors in prontera? SAY NO MORE XARKLORD ISA COMIN!

Prontera Blackmarket/Mall @warp prontera 138 191

This warp let's you see the Market Warper and use him. BEWARE! If you take ONE step to the right you will sprite error. If you cannot see him use the scroll to scroll up. This also let's you use Dr Hobo, Stylist and to get your Platinum Skills

Prontera Job Change/Square @warp prontera 160 175

This warp let's you access the card lady, job change, and baby job change. If you take ONE step UP you will sprite error

PART VI

If you require extra help, PM XarkLord, the wizard that beat every class :D, Yes including paladin :D

Also if you need help with any other classes, PM lady Rinaii. She is my sister and apparently, she owns me in every class but wiz.

Meh. I'll give my opinion and hopefully improve your guide ^_^.

Evil druid card is the worse choice for Armor, for ygg leaves > You. Try Marc for a change.. you don't have the poison immunity, but it's still good.

"When you first come in as a novice, talk to the novice guard. Get your novice set and get happy huntin!

First go to pay_fild04. Kill 3 porings then start on poporings. When your level 45, go to prontera job change. Switch to a mage. This will be alot easier because you don't have instant cast and you can take down tougher monsters without hitting 1's every time. VERY IMPORTANT. GET SOUL STRIKE RIGHT AWAY! Soul Strike is the only move that doesn't take forever to cast. Also, it does a fair amount of damage. If your a daredevil, skip to lou_fild01 right away and start blasting away at Mi Gaos. When you are lvl 99, reborn. Repeat the Novice part and then talk to job change person to change to high mage. Get soul strike and level up to lvl 50 job. You need the skill points for skills later on. Talk to the job change npc and TADAAAHHH! Part I complete."

You might want to break up this whole chunk into smaller paragraphs.

For example,

Lvl 1-10, pay_fild04, Poporings..

Also refer to the Guide for Making a Guide. It's really useful, especially the part about using images in your guides.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Having a HighWizard as one of my two main characters, I can offer some advice.

You'd probably want either Valkyrie Armor or Sacred Robe instead of the formal suit - the v.armor gives stat bonuses and 50% immunity to Silence for us magicians. The Sacred Robe gives some immunity to various statuses..

Instead of an Evil Druid card, you'd maybe want Marc or maybe even Ghostring to be in your armor. Marc gives complete resistance to being Frozen (a godsend against other Wizards), and Ghostring grants you the Ghost element (immunity to Asura Strike, Sac, and SB), though Soul Strike and any ghost weapon/arrows will slaughter you..

Instead of Deluxe Boots, you would want either Valkyrie Shoes with a Matyr card (10% HP boost!) or some Varient Shoes.

As for Garments, you could stay with your Muffler or give yourself a Valkyrie Manteau. Perfect dodge is always nice.. and put a Raydric card in your Muffler/VMant, you'll need the defense.

I agree with the Orleans Gloves. I put Imp and Errende Ebecee cards in mine, for defense against archers and powering up Fire Bolt.

If you're terrified of being Silenced, put a Marduk card in your Skeggiold hat. The immunity from the Valkyrie Armor is kinda canceled that way, but eh.. you could also put an Elder Willow card in your hat, for the +3 Intelligence boost.

Also, why would a HighWizard need Agi?

Personally, I see this build to be a tad better..

STR: 50 (to hold stuff)

AGI: 1

INT: 200

DEX: 170 (or 160, whatever is autocast)

VIT: 200

LUCK: Whatever you have left.

• 8 months later...
TSK TSK TSK

You need agility because it shortens skill delays. That means one brutal spam = one dead and complaining victim <3

2 year late response and bump!

Out of date now, sadly. The 600m-1bil set is unobtainable without many times that cash supply (Skeggiold cap plus Nebula Aura, lol), the Staff of Piercing isn't the best attacking weapon any more, the 'poor' set is really hard for a newbie to obtain (Vesper Cores only drop at 10%, and Jupe_core isn't as easily accessible any more), and it doesn't take into consideration the new cards such as Isilla, Fallen Bishop et al.