GatheringRO Community

Add Option to restore Platinum Skills in Skill/Stat Reset NPC.

D e M o N

Question

Add option to restore Platinum Skills in Skill/Stat Reset NPC without the need to reset skills.

This only affects players who have used the skill resetter during a specific time frame.
It has been adressed already.

Please re-use the skill resetter NPC to re-gain your platinum skills.

This was your response when I reported my platinum skills are missing.
Before I could respond, you classified my report as invalid, and then locked the topic preventing any further replies.

All of my characters were missing their platinums skills from the beginning of the Normalization Update.
I am 100% sure that I did not use the skill reset NPC for every single character in my account.
I have used the skill resetter (more than once) to regain my platinum skills, but some skills still disappeared.

I don't understand why you removed the platinum skill NPC, it has worked perfectly for the last 15 years since gRO has existed.
After removal of the NPC, some players have had trouble with their platinum skills, (me included).
If you had left the NPC in place, none of this would have ever been an issue.

6 answers to this question

The main purpose of the platinum skill integration into the reset NPC is, that you don't have to think about it anymore.
The skill resetter currently does 1:1 what the old platinum skill NPC did, but instead of you triggering it manually after the reset, the resetter does it for you.

If it doesn't work, neither will the Platinum Skill NPC, because both trigger the absolute identical function which has not changed at all.

Unfortunately I've tested the reset multiple times by now and wasn't able to reproduce the issue you're describing.
Please open a support ticket with a list of all your affected characters, so i can take a look at your specific problem and hopefuly get to the bottom of the bug.

Well cause when the rework was done to lower rates and lower Job and Base Level caps, All my skills were reset and now i don't have my Platinum Skills.

So from my understanding, I have to reset my skills with the hypnotizer NPC to restore them and that would mean spending 4m.

On 11/23/2021 at 8:40 AM, Everade said:

The main purpose of the platinum skill integration into the reset NPC is, that you don't have to think about it anymore.
The skill resetter currently does 1:1 what the old platinum skill NPC did, but instead of you triggering it manually after the reset, the resetter does it for you.

If it doesn't work, neither will the Platinum Skill NPC, because both trigger the absolute identical function which has not changed at all.

Unfortunately I've tested the reset multiple times by now and wasn't able to reproduce the issue you're describing.
Please open a support ticket with a list of all your affected characters, so i can take a look at your specific problem and hopefuly get to the bottom of the bug.

The Platinum skill NPC can return platinum skills, and it will not reset your current skill build. (nor will you be requirred to pay 4 million per reset.)

The difference when integrating with the skill resetter is that, in the rare event your platinum skills are missing, you can restore them without having to reset skill builds. If you actually played on the server like a normal player, you would know that resetting skill builds is time consuming and a nuisance since you have to remember what skills you have and what level they should be.

The outcome of this suggestion will determine if I should file support ticket or not.

2 hours ago, Rayvier said:

Well cause when the rework was done to lower rates and lower Job and Base Level caps, All my skills were reset and now i don't have my Platinum Skills.

So from my understanding, I have to reset my skills with the hypnotizer NPC to restore them and that would mean spending 4m.

This is the same problem I have had since the normalizatiion update, hence the suggestion to add ( or return?) this feature.

9 hours ago, Rayvier said:

The automated char reset also included the platinum skills. There was only a very small time frame (first days after the major update) in which when you logged in, the Platinum Skills got lost). Which is most likely the case why you're missing them.

If you're not willing to pay the 4m due to that issue, please open a support ticket with a list of your affected character names and i will be glad to get it rectified for you.

7 hours ago, D e M o N said:

The Platinum skill NPC can return platinum skills, and it will not reset your current skill build. (nor will you be requirred to pay 4 million per reset.)

As stated before, the idea behind the chance is that an unecessary NPC can be removed.
Indeed, you two ran into problems, most likely connected to the small time frame in which the reset NPC didn't include the Platinum Skills as mentioned above. I've already told you this in your original bug report back in August.

Other than that it should be impossible to run into this issue, as such the Platinum Skill NPC is redundant.

So again, please open a support ticket with a list of your affected characters and i will be glad to help you out.

Thank you for your understanding.