GatheringRO Community

Golden Thief Bug Card, Goldring Boss Card and Masquerade.

Gelo

Question

Since Golding Boss Card no longer penetrates Golden Thief Bug card...

I would like to suggest to make Masquerade go through GTB again like in the OFFICIAL.

The only way magic class can play and go against Golden Thief Bug Card users in official is by having an SC around in your team.
GTB Card doesn't block Masquerades in official and it is one out of three ways (the other two is strip and break shield) for magic things to be "BALANCED". Everyone in PvP/WoE/BG has FCP on them always, so the other two (strip and break) isn't a viable counter to GTB.
On a side note, GTB card is supposed to block Manhole, Blood Lust, Chaos Panic, and STASIS  in official.

In addition to that, I'd also like to suggest to why not make Masquerade go official again?
The chance of getting Masquerade is lowered if the target has HIGH AGILITY STAT, but currently in our server, having 265 AGI (done some tests on this) doesn't save you from getting Masqueraded at all. Let's just say, it's BROKEN at the moment since it has 100% success rate regardless of the AGI stat of the target.

12 answers to this question

Since we weren't able to validate the official KRO behavior, and due to obvious player concerns (here and Discord discussion), the planned GRB card changes will not take place.

Its effect will stay as it is.

We currently don't have any up to date data on the official GTB effect.
Last official changes we applied to it was back in 2016.

If you have KRO video footage, or any other reliable KRO source that proofs your claims, please share it with us.

Please also note that the upcoming patch brings the official skill behavior of all skills.
So its not worth speaking about balance changes until the update has been released.

3 hours ago, Everade said:

We currently don't have any up to date data on the official GTB effect.
Last official changes we applied to it was back in 2016.

If you have KRO video footage, or any other reliable KRO source that proofs your claims, please share it with us.

Please also note that the upcoming patch brings the official skill behavior of all skills.
So its not worth speaking about balance changes until the update has been released.

These are my sources from which I got my claims and also from which our server is based on:

https://github.com/rathena/rathena/issues/1901
https://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/131020-pvp-how-to-defend-masquerade/

You also said it yourself that Masquerade penetrating GTB is official.
https://gatheringro.com/community/topic/48704-battlegrounds-balancings/
image.thumb.png.3f1af9430ce1c51dd66877683c8b8e5b.png

From what you're telling me, we've implemented that already back in 2017.
However please note that warp portal isn't a KRO based forum, as such its not a reliable source.
Not sure if the rA devs actualy checked it properly or if they just took it for granted back then.

10 hours ago, Everade said:

From what you're telling me, we've implemented that already back in 2017.

Yes, implemented but changed Masquerade to not penetrate GTB users to make it more balanced and playable for players.

However, by removing GRB's penetration effect whilst making other skills stay as it is (i.e. Masquerade not penetrating GTB).
There is LITERALLY no other way to counter GTB users as FCP prevents stripping and shield breakage.
In official servers, Masquerade is what makes this things balance and making MAGIC CLASS playable during PVPs.

Oh well. We will have to wait for the actual updates to go live and then we can decide.

2 hours ago, LKshaye said:

I think the easy fix is just to make GRB current effect stay for the Magic class players.  but yes have to wait to the client release itself

Agree with this
If that's the case let GRB effect stay the same
What will happen with the players who love playing Magic Class, They grind their items PVP/WOE to make a proper damage
Don't make this Class out of this game

7 hours ago, Gelo said:

In official servers, Masquerade is what makes this things balance and making MAGIC CLASS playable during PVPs.

You keep refering to "official", but you're actualy talking about iRO, tRO, pRO or whatever you've played or looked at.

iRO (Warp Portal and iRO wiki) is extremely custom in lots of things, so its in no way, absolutely never a source for "official". They have custom core mechanics, custom item modifications, custom skill mechanics, custom npcs, custom quests or its simply not up to date. There's much more custom than you're most likely aware off, and even though they might implement new episodes, there's lots of mechanics and skills that they've not updated in a long time.

Not trying to bash you, but iRO is basically like any other private server when it comes to customizations.

Technically speaking GTB should be like on every private server out there that's based on rAthena.
Maybe the change didn't work or rAthena has reverted it back, although i can't find any patch notes about it.
Or we actualy customized it, although i can't find any gro patch notes about that.
Or it's currently bugged in gRO and should be fixed on this update. (i haven't tested it)

I compared our source code to the patch in 2017, but it has been entirely rewritten and i wasn't able to pinpoint the defined skill list.

If the Masquerade effect will be still blocked after this major patch, then its wrong on rAthena and with that on most private server out there.
Because we've cleaned our source code from basically every modification that affects skill and char balance.

The main issue here is that there's no official, written down KRO or leaked source code, so it would need to be individualy tested individual skills on KRO servers to be 100% sure. We're based on a KRO emulator, and we're trying our best to be as official as possible with the information we have at hand.
Shall Masquerade penetrade GTB? No one knows.

Eitherway:
From what i've heard on discord and now here also is that a handful of players want to stay GRB as it is.
That's currently not an easy fix because the source modifications for the custom behavior has been entirely removed.
I would have to look into our old code and see if it's still compatible with our new core.

I remember we reverted the rAthena fix back then due to the huge impact of that particular fix on the state of the game. Players already had very little resistance to the skill because of our high Job Level value and this fix heavily upset the balance back then.

If everything is normalized (to rAthena's source code) after the update, Masquerade should not be blocked by GTB anymore.

22 hours ago, Everade said:

Thanks for the info Rayleigh.
Was kinda hidden as a reply from myself on page 2.

Then yes, Masquerade should no longer be blocked by GTB with this update.

Wouldn't that be kinda OP without giving it a little setback? Like maybe add a CD for the masquerade skills as a whole? Just sayin.