GatheringRO Community

Website "Character Ranking" suggestion

Sanaaa

Question

image.thumb.png.96fc13c0553960bba0c34474d6c7e07e.png

I don't really understand how this class ranking page of the site works. But maybe we can give more relevance to it by making it Overall/Total WoE performance based. Like instead of having the columns Base Level, Job Level, Base Experience, Job Experience, maybe change it to Total Kills, Deaths, Support, etc., it made in the whole time the char got used in WoE. Character ranking may be computed by the total K/D/A, and this thing isn't new anymore on most games, we just have to create our own formula of it for GatheringRO. I think it will be more worthwhile to have such a page for Gro.

On terms of producing/changing the Character Ranking page, i think the Database/Table used for the WoE Ranking can be just "joined" with it (programming term for Merging or Linking tables). Taking the scores/data from Woe Ranking db/table and just adding it up to the Character Ranking for the total, plus a dynamic "Total KDA" column that changes whenever the character performs.

Central point/question of the post, will it be good to change the Character Ranking page to the proposed idea to provide more relevance to the page?

Edit:

image.thumb.png.6715d3dcbe95746908fc0d14f2ef1eb9.png

Seems like Guild Ranking's "Castle Owned" column is presently at how many castles a guild currently owns or something (but other guilds that doesn't have a castle also have "1"). Maybe we can also change it into the TOTAL castles a guild have owned and base the Guild Ranking with it?

2 answers to this question

The character ranking page is the official one from the control panel system we're using.
It's available on most private server websites and most likely ranks players based on the base experience.
It's absolutely useless, i agree. (It's not in any way PvP related as it is)

For guild ranking the same, just that it's most likely ranking based on the castles owned, and i've no idea where it's taking that exactly from.

Of course both could need some customization for them to become truly relevant.
Currently the only fully custom rankings are BG and WoE which take their data from our extensive ingame customization systems.

Although i consider it a very low priority, i consider fixing it up at some point.
So let us know what data you would love to see.

5 hours ago, Everade said:

The character ranking page is the official one from the control panel system we're using.
It's available on most private server websites and most likely ranks players based on the base experience.
It's absolutely useless, i agree. (It's not in any way PvP related as it is)

For guild ranking the same, just that it's most likely ranking based on the castles owned, and i've no idea where it's taking that exactly from.

Of course both could need some customization for them to become truly relevant.
Currently the only fully custom rankings are BG and WoE which take their data from our extensive ingame customization systems.

Although i consider it a very low priority, i consider fixing it up at some point.
So let us know what data you would love to see.

Thanks! This is just a suggestion to add relevance to the page. But for the data i'd want to see in case you may change it, i think i'd prefer having the total Kills and Deaths and Assist (supporting), total damage dealt, and total damage received, of a char and the total K/D/A average for all the time it was used in WoE. For the Guild ranking maybe the "Castles Owned" be the total castles owned every woe, like adding up each time it owns a castle every end of the WoE. I don't think they'd be hassling enough to do since you already have the current WoE Ranking's customized system and would kind of just use it as well for the character ranking but data are adding up for per char and doesn't reset every woe. We kinda talked about the customization of the K/D/A average formula that can be placed for GatheringRO like every supporting skill be divided to 100 before the total computation for the average but it'll come in another discussion or suggestion i guess.