GatheringRO Community

+10 Foods have cooldowns?

Kazalus

Question

As the title suggests, is it normal that the usage between +10 food has a cooldown? I can't seem to consume 12075.gif Steamed Tongue, 12080.gifDragon Breath Cocktail, 12095.gifHwergelmir's Tonic, 12090.gif Steamed Desert Scorpions, 12085.gif Immortal Stew, and 12100.gif Cooked Nine Tail's Tails consecutively. I've observed that the +10 Food items seem to have a 30 second interval in between uses unlike +20 Food which can be consumed in quick succession without having to wait.

9 answers to this question

On 3/9/2021 at 10:51 PM, Everade said:

Don't see where you take that 30 seconds cooldown from though.
Maybe you just tried to use them on a restricted map.

Yes, turns out after retracing my steps, I realized that I've been trying to use them inside a WoE Castle.  /sry

I don't see any particular defined cooldown, but it could be possible that the statuses they apply are bound to certain cooldowns, which is most likely official.
Or you're trying to use them on a map with certain restrictions.

28 minutes ago, Everade said:

I don't see any particular defined cooldown, but it could be possible that the statuses they apply are bound to certain cooldowns, which is most likely official.
Or you're trying to use them on a map with certain restrictions.

I used them in the WoE Core and they have a delay in usage. Though the status that they apply is seen in viewing the item (HP% and/or SP% recovery) which might be the status cooldowns you mentioned. However, I think it's kind of an inconvenience to have cooldowns for them as it's harder to stack the food effects compared to the other food buffs.

The only item i checked was 12075 as used in this report (as hotlinked image).
However there's also no other consumable buff in our item_delay database that would point to any cooldown.

The item_delay database defines actual consumable cooldown, which means you cannot actualy consume the item when double clicking it while it's on cooldown.
However there might be other cooldowns that might apply outside of this database, which are bound to specific status effects that can not be extended upon re-usage.

//12202,60000    //Str_Dish10_
//12203,60000    //Agi_Dish10_
//12204,60000    //Int_Dish10_
//12205,60000    //Dex_Dish10_
//12206,60000    //Luk_Dish10_
//12207,60000    //Vit_Dish10_

These dishes are used in our event eggs, and their 1 minute cooldown has been removed years ago.

If you could tell me the exact item id you're refering to, i could take a closer look.

@Kazalus
As a little sidenote, i've seen you hotlinking images from other websites in most your posts and guides.
Please try to avoid that in any case, as most websites these days feature hotlink protection, which means we won't be able to see the image anyways: image.png

It's also a very bad practice because it degrades our page loading times due to cross-server references, and it costs the actual hoster bandwith without them being able to protect themselfs properly from it.

I'm not mad, just trying to help you understand that it's a bad thing to do overall :P

13 hours ago, Everade said:

As a little sidenote, i've seen you hotlinking images from other websites in most your posts and guides.
Please try to avoid that in any case, as most websites these days feature hotlink protection, which means we won't be able to see the image anyways: image.png 

It's also a very bad practice because it degrades our page loading times due to cross-server references, and it costs the actual hoster bandwith without them being able to protect themselfs properly from it.

I'm not mad, just trying to help you understand that it's a bad thing to do overall :P

Ah so that's why images don't show. I understand! I'll avoid doing so next time. Thanks for telling me~ :> 

13 hours ago, Everade said:

If you could tell me the exact item id you're refering to, i could take a closer look.

I did a little referencing in our gRO database where I got the +10 Food with cooldowns from. Though I'm not quite sure which one is the correct item number for the ones with cooldowns, I've narrowed my search into two item numbers: one which possesses the exact same item description as the one in-game, and the other which has an "Event" indication on its description.

Steamed Tongue (Item ID: 12250 or 12501) was obtained from opening a Steamed Tongue Box (10) (Item ID: 16505)
Steamed Desert Scorpions (Item ID: 12251 or 12502was obtained from opening a Steamed Desert Scorpions Box (10) (Item ID: 16506)
Dragon Breath Cocktail (Item ID: 12252 or 12503was obtained from opening a Dragon Breath Cocktail Box (10) (Item ID: 16507)
Hwergelmir's Tonic (Item ID: 12253 or 12504was obtained from opening a Hwergelmir's Tonic Box (10) (Item ID: 16508)
Cooked Nine Tails (Item ID: 12254 or 12505was obtained from opening a Cooked Nine Tails Box (10) (Item ID: 16509)
Immortal Stew (Item ID: 12255 or 12506was obtained from opening an Immortal Stew Box (10) (Item ID: 16510)

I also crafted some +10 Foods using the Level 10 Cookbook and found that they don't possess any cooldowns themselves.

None of your mentioned IDs have an applied cooldown.

However i tested the ID's i've mentioned before ingame, and noticed that they indeed have an aprox. 8 seconds shared cooldown. (ID 12202-12207)
So the cooldown isn't applied on the item itself. I assume it's connected to their SC_FOOD_STR_CASH effect.

But honestly i've no clue where the actual delay comes from.

Don't see where you take that 30 seconds cooldown from though.
Maybe you just tried to use them on a restricted map.