GatheringRO - Community

GatheringRO freezes my pc

Go to solution Solved by Everade,

Question

I need help with this, ever since i upgraded my pc this happens.

I can launch the game fine, play for a few minutes then it happens. My monitor will say "no signal" suddenly while the BGM plays then BGM does that stutter sound then itll stay there, I need to hold the power button for my system to reboot.

Here's the couple of things I tried to fix the issue:
Set to Run as Admin
Set Compatibility to Win7
Set CPU Affinity to CPU 0
Run Game ON GPU
Run Game OFF GPU

Nothing worked, i still get the random freeze.

Here's my specs:

Motherboard: A320MH
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 8GB
GPU: Radeon RX 560D 4GB

3 answers to this question

• Solution

image.png

The GatheringRO Settings allows you to select your prefered rendering option.

1.) Use On-Board VGA (Your CPU will render the game!)
2.) Use Video Card (Your video card will render the game, which is the recommended option.)

Depending on your selection in the gRO settings, you decide what parts of your system will be used to render the graphics.
If your video card isn't showing up in the drop-down selection. That means that your video card driver isn't properly installed.

Eitherway, i'm glad that i was able to help.

What exactly did you upgrade?
And what type of RAM are in your system?

The problem is obviously your computer, not the game. The game is solely using parts of your system which crash eventualy.
Which means there's most likely a faulty driver, for example your Video Card driver.

Please note that it's extremely important that; In case you swapped out actual hardware, you must cleanup all old drivers that are still targeting your old hardware. Unless, you installed new parts that don't require drivers, for instance RAM, CPU, but that could still be in need of a new chipset update.

Driver cleanup can be tidious because simply uninstalling won't actualy get rid of it.
I recommend using DDU, which is a software that makes sure to cleanup all your old video card drivers. (There are lots of youtube guides showcasing it)

Once you've done a proper cleanup.
-> Restart your PC.

Windows will then most likely automatically install basic drivers in the background.
That's fine, but still not what you want.
Windows basic drivers are always outdated. They're solely there, that your system comes back up and running.

Now, after everything is cleanup up and back up running, go ahead and make sure you install all the latest drivers for your hardware.
Sounds like a custom built PC, so-> download chipset, lan, audio drivers from the manufacturer website and install them one by one.

Same goes for your video card, make sure to download its latest driver from the AMD Website and install it.
For the parts that you've swapped out, make sure to get these specific drivers from the manufacturer just like mentioned above for custom build PCs.

Your Motherboard drivers:
https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=912#download

Download and install the following:
1.) Chipset Version v2.10.26.336
2.) On-Board LAN v10.013
3.) On-Board Audio v6.0.8924.1
4.) On-Board VGA v27.20.11044.7

It is also recommended to update your BIOS, because BIOS updates most times include new hardware compatibilities.
Never turn off power while updating your BIOS, or you will damage your Motherboard!
5.) BIOS Update Utility v1.9.6.5

Your Video Card driver:
https://www.amd.com/en/support

13 hours ago, Everade said:

What exactly did you upgrade?
And what type of RAM are in your system?

The problem is obviously your computer, not the game. The game is solely using parts of your system which crash eventualy.
Which means there's most likely a faulty driver, for example your Video Card driver.

Please note that it's extremely important that; In case you swapped out actual hardware, you must cleanup all old drivers that are still targeting your old hardware. Unless, you installed new parts that don't require drivers, for instance RAM, CPU, but that could still be in need of a new chipset update.

Driver cleanup can be tidious because simply uninstalling won't actualy get rid of it.
I recommend using DDU, which is a software that makes sure to cleanup all your old video card drivers. (There are lots of youtube guides showcasing it)

Once you've done a proper cleanup.
-> Restart your PC.

Windows will then most likely automatically install basic drivers in the background.
That's fine, but still not what you want.
Windows basic drivers are always outdated. They're solely there, that your system comes back up and running.

Now, after everything is cleanup up and back up running, go ahead and make sure you install all the latest drivers for your hardware.
Sounds like a custom built PC, so-> download chipset, lan, audio drivers from the manufacturer website and install them one by one.

Same goes for your video card, make sure to download its latest driver from the AMD Website and install it.
For the parts that you've swapped out, make sure to get these specific drivers from the manufacturer just like mentioned above for custom build PCs.

Your Motherboard drivers:
https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=912#download

Download and install the following:
1.) Chipset Version v2.10.26.336
2.) On-Board LAN v10.013
3.) On-Board Audio v6.0.8924.1
4.) On-Board VGA v27.20.11044.7

It is also recommended to update your BIOS, because BIOS updates most times include new hardware compatibilities.
Never turn off power while updating your BIOS, or you will damage your Motherboard!
5.) BIOS Update Utility v1.9.6.5

Your Video Card driver:
https://www.amd.com/en/support

i think its fixed by installing the onboard vga drivers. havent crashed yet with two hours of playing. thanks!