GatheringRO Community

Customized Items in the Normalization Patch

Gelo

Question

I've got concerns regarding the customized effects of our current equips and how it's gonna be on the upcoming update.

Will the customized equipment be reverted back to official? Like the Geffen Magic Robe, some players are still trying to make it to +12 to maximize the potential of the armor, however, if it gets reverted back to official, then it's all for naught. It's not just Geffen Magic Robe, we've got lots of costume items here that are really good but also needs high refinement, but it is really shitty when compared to the official ones. 

Would really love to know in regards to this so we won't be wasting tons of resources and efforts be put in vain, like how it ended up with the +12 Old Driver Band.

Thanks. /gawi

5 answers to this question

Items

This patch will delete our item re-balancing history out of existence, and give official gear sets and cards time to shine in an all new light!
We would love to deliver you the real Ragnarok Online experience, that make it worth to grind a new instance, without us following up with a nerf aftermath. We don't like to do that, and we're sure you hate hard nerfs too.

Although this patch itself may be considered the "ultimate nerf". Reverting our item re-balancings will mainly conclude in gear and card buffs.

Depending on their current strength, they will be rebalanced to better fit the official balancing if needed.
So the main plan is to be fully official in most parts of the game, and have custom content added on top of that.

This way, we will no longer have to rebalance new official content and can focus on what's important.

I haven't gathered much thought for my defense of this just yet, but I figured it would be better to bring this up now rather than later. I'd just like to follow up on this topic of customized items after normalization with the specific question of whether or not there will be some compensation for the resources used on them, such safe refine certificates and blessed ores.

I don't think it has to be for every customized item though, but just for the ones that will receive a drastic change/nerf in effects such as the Geffen Magic Robe mentioned above.

No.
We've announced our plans pretty exactly 1 year ago.
There was enough time to adapt to these upcoming changes, or at least take at least a full year use out of your gear.

The gear isn't going to be deleted, their effects are simply shifting.
Although i understand your frustration in case you've put lots of effort into a specific item.

It boils down to the same outcome eventualy, just like with any "old" gear.