GatheringRO Community

Failed to connect to patch server

thrasher935_2

Question

16 answers to this question

Hey there

To be able to help you, we will need detailed information about your system and installation.
If you don't want to share any of these details in public, please create a support ticket instead. Otherwise, just reply right here.

a.) Please send us your DirectX Diagnosis, so we know what we're dealing with.
Here's how:

1. Press the "Windows" key and the "R" key on your keyboard to bring up the “Run” box.
  2. In the “Run” box, type in "DxDiag".
  3. Press "Enter". This will start the DxDiag utility.
  4. Once the DirectX Diagnostic Tool appears, click on the "Save All Information" button at the bottom.
  5. When asked where to save the file, click on the drop-down box next to "Save In" and select "Desktop".
  6. In the "File Name" box, the name DxDiag.txt should appear. Leave this as is and click on the "OK" button.
  7. Click the Exit button to exit the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
  8. On the Desktop, there should be a file named "DxDiag" or "DxDiag.txt". If you don't see it, please repeat the steps above and make sure to save the file to the Desktop.
  9. Attach this file to your reply (simple drag & drop into the text box).

b.) Have you installed GatheringRO using the latest installer, or is it an older client? (If you're not sure, just let us know the aprox. date of download time)

c.) Is the patcher background sky color light-blue or dark?

d.) What anti-virus software do you use?

Please make sure that Avast isn't blocking the patcher.
    It is most likely the culprit here.
    Either deactivate it entirely, for testing purposes, or directly add the patcher to its whitelist.

What you can also try is deleting the browser cache of your Internet Explorer.

4 hours ago, Everade said:

Please make sure that Avast isn't blocking the patcher.
    It is most likely the culprit here.
    Either deactivate it entirely, for testing purposes, or directly add the patcher to its whitelist.

What you can also try is deleting the browser cache of your Internet Explorer.

I am having the same issue. I have tried the following:

1. Whitelisted entire GatherinRO Folder on my anti-virus.

2. Disabled Anti-Virus. (whitelisting did not work)

3. All browsers have been completely cleared.

4. I have reinstalled GatheringRO into a new folder. (Full client installer version-22 June)

Patcher still refuses to connect.

2 hours ago, Everade said:

Please navigate to the GatheringRO installation folder.
    Delete the following files:

• patch_allow.txt
    • patchList.txt

Then, start the patcher.
    Please let me know which of these 2 files have been generated.
    Is only patchList.txt missing, or both?

same problem here.. patcher said "failed to connect to patch server".

patch_allow.txt was successfully fetched, but patchList.txt is missing. I try to download patchList.txt from browser, and its working fine.

By the way, my current location is ID, but CloudFlare node at LAX served patch contents for me. This why I kinda dislike cloudflare (except you use pro account)  /sob

fl=12f433
    h=patch.gatheringro.com
    ip=114.124.203.xxx
    ts=1596374394.936
    visit_scheme=https
    uag=Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:79.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/79.0
    colo=LAX
    http=http/2
    loc=ID
    tls=TLSv1.3
    sni=plaintext
    warp=off

@symbio
    What do you mean that's why you dislike cloudflare?
    Without cloudflare, all content would be delivered from europe, which would be way slower.

Cloudflare has been deactivated for now, until i've found a solution for the problem.
    So all content should be delivered directly from the source.

19 minutes ago, Everade said:

@symbio
    What do you mean that's why you dislike cloudflare?
    Without cloudflare, all content would be delivered from europe, which would be way slower.

Cloudflare has been deactivated for now, until i've found a solution for the problem.
    So all content should be delivered directly from the source.

patchlist.txt and patch_allow.txt successfully generated/downloaded for now, and I can login to gRO.

Cloudflare (mostly on free plan) often routes web traffic to another countries, instead serve the contents from nearest pop/node. This often causing a website slower than before. For example, I live in Indonesia, but my traffic to gRO routed to LAX (new york), instead of CKG (Jakarta), SIN (singapore), or HKG (hongkong). EU is way faster than US for me (~190ms vs. ~320ms).

we should also noted that cloudflare limiting on serving non-HTML contents on their free plan.

That's unfortunate.

But yes, asia regions have a rather expensive bandwith costs relative to europe / america. And lots of them have still some of the worst infrastructure to date.
    As such, if our website uses lots of traffic, they might re-route you to a different pop/node. (according to their official statement)

image.png

However you still benefit from lots of technilogical advantages which speeds up our website immensly.
    Please note that lots of content is still being delivered through our source host.

On 8/2/2020 at 4:07 AM, Everade said:

Please navigate to the GatheringRO installation folder.
    Delete the following files:

• patch_allow.txt
    • patchList.txt

Then, start the patcher.
    Please let me know which of these 2 files have been generated.
    Is only patchList.txt missing, or both?

Both txt files are missing.

2 hours ago, Everade said:

@Madeleine

Sounds like something is blocking the patcher entirely from writing files onto your pc.

Let me know if i can assist you with a personal remote session.

The server is hosted in Germany, correct? I noticed that the server time is behind by 2 hours.

Would it be possible to synchronize the server time? It may be preventing the connection.

Mismatched date/time are known to cause connection issues.

4 hours ago, Madeleine said:

The server is hosted in Germany, correct? I noticed that the server time is behind by 2 hours.

Would it be possible to synchronize the server time? It may be preventing the connection.

Mismatched date/time are known to cause connection issues.

You can always adjust time on your side to sync with server time. As far as I know, SSL thrown error about invalidity if the date is 24 hrs behind.

Website time never changed and is absolutely unrelated to these issues.
    Issues would mainly occur if your own PC time isn't in sync, however yet again, absolutely unrelated to the website's hosting location.

What changed is our game server time, which is now running on UTC instead of GMT+1 + summer time.

If you're seeking personal assistance, please let me know so we can create a remote session.
    80% of connection issues are usualy related to anti virus applications.

If you don't want my personal direct support on your PC, please do some basic tests like:
    1.) Does it work with a different computer using the same internet connection.
    2.) Does it work the same PC but using a different internet connection (mobile hotspot for example)
    3.) Does it work with your anti virus entirely disabled
    4.) Does it work after a router + switches + pc restart

5 hours ago, Everade said:

80% of connection issues are usualy related to anti virus applications.

If you don't want my personal direct support on your PC, please do some basic tests like:
    1.) Does it work with a different computer using the same internet connection.
    2.) Does it work the same PC but using a different internet connection (mobile hotspot for example)
    3.) Does it work with your anti virus entirely disabled
    4.) Does it work after a router + switches + pc restart

1.) Tried this, installed "GatheringRO_2020-07-26", does not work. (anti-virus was disabled)
    2.) I switched to mobile hotspot on my PC, still not working. (anti-virus was disabled)
    3.) All test were done with anti-virus disabled.
    4.) unfortunately this did not work either. (anti-virus was disabled after restarting)

Nothing has changed on my PC with the exception of my FireFox/Chrome browser being updated to the latest version.
    Everything was working 100% before the server was taken down.

I cannot find anything wrong with my PC. I am starting to think I habe been banned?