E1. Royal Guard

E2. Rune Knight

F. Thief

F1. Guillotine Cross

F2. Shadow Chaser

III. Conclusion, Sources, and Acknowledgements

I. Introduction

Spoiler

Note: for the purposes of this guide, the term "spells" and "skills" will be used interchangeably

So what is casting?

Casting is when you character tries to use the spell or skill you have chosen. The time your characters take to cast a spell is called "cast time". During this time, your character does not move and some spell can even fail to cast if you get hit while casting. This means the less time you spend casting the better.

So how can we lower our cast times

So first of all, you need to know that not all spells are created equal. Some spells have long cast times while others don't have cast times at all. and even among those with cast times you have something called fixed and variable cast time. What this essential means is variable cast time is the cast time you can reduce with stats while fixed cast time can't.

So how do we go about reducing variable cast time?

Well the are items such as the Beelzebub/Berzebub card which reduced variable cast time by 30%.

image.png.d4d2acc5f98339083bbb4767e650f718.png

However, the easiest way to reduce you variable cast time is with stats. 

The formula for 0 variable cast time is (INT + ( 2 x DEX ) = 530 ). This basically means is you need to total of your INT stat and your DEX stat added twice to equal 530. if your DEX stat is 200+15 then you would only need a total of 100 INT to completely remove your variable cast time.

Spoiler

An easy way to do this would be to get your calculator.

Input the stat you want.

Multiply that number by 2 if the stat you chose first was DEX

Then subtract 530 from it.

Divide that number by 2 if the first stat you chose was INT.

What about Fixed Cast Time?

The only way to remove/reduce fixed cast time is with items. The easiest way to do that is with a Temporal DEX Boots and 185 base DEX to activate the item effect.

image.png.28b1310baf0e515120391f4f20cda6c0.png

II. Individual Class Breakdowns

Note: Units used is Seconds. If the skill is not posted here, that means its either a passive skill or has no cast time. If the skill has increasing or decreasing cast times as you increase the skill level, I will note down the cast times of both extremes.

Disclaimer! Not all cast times noted below are accurate. There are multiple reasons why, one of which could be that my source is based on IRO servers while gRO follows the KRO server. Either way, This does not affect my recommendations.

A. Acolyte

Spoiler

Acolyte.PNG.808e2519984a90b0c429dc0e8257d8bf.PNG

A1. Arch Bishop

Spoiler

Sirk's Recommendation: Due to the number of spells the Arch Bishop has, I highly recommend you try to have 0 variable cast time. Max your INT stat and get enough DEX until your character can instantly cast spells with no fixed cast time.

Priest.PNG.e91fe714a133c43bb09f9efa5eab5718.PNG

A2. Shura

Spoiler

Sirk's Recommendation: Due to some of the Shura's main skill having variable cast times, It might be worth while to invest some of your stats into getting 0 variable cast time.

Monk.PNG.a996b68f16ebf446ae9139676d616775.PNG

B. Archer

Spoiler

Archer.PNG.00dbd25eaaddb905c59b92e755764359.PNG

B1. Wanderer

Spoiler

Sirk's Recommendation: Because the main stat of Wanderers is DEX and well as having Improve Concentration, Wanderers do not really need to worry about variable cast times. Adding some INT to characters that still have a variable cast time might not be such a bad idea.

Dancer.PNG.c1d051c9d2f289fa20dc0c790e1efa83.PNG

B2. Minstrel

Spoiler

Sirk's Recommendation: Because the main stat of Minstrel is DEX and well as having Improve Concentration, Minstrels do not really need to worry about variable cast times. Adding some INT to characters that still have a variable cast time might not be such a bad idea.

Bard.PNG.c8bd43006b14c302fd7105fb4d73c197.PNG

B3. Ranger

Spoiler

Sirk's Recommendation: Because the main stat of Ranger is DEX and well as having Improve Concentration, Ranger do not really need to worry about variable cast times. Adding some INT to characters that still have a variable cast time might not be such a bad idea. Investing in Temporal DEX boots help you cast Aimed Bolt instantly.

Hunter.PNG.86963343805abfba30b7068cbbdb5a29.PNG

C. Magician

Spoiler

Mage.PNG.8337e75c95ce69fc2bdc0e50f0af2426.PNG

C1. Sorcerer

Spoiler

Sirk's Recommendation: Due to the number of spells the Sorcerer has, I highly recommend you try to have 0 variable cast time. Max your INT stat and get enough DEX until your character can instantly cast spells with no fixed cast time.

Sage.thumb.PNG.c6e5066ff9c0942d14010e07d96a0f89.PNG

C2. Warlock

Spoiler

Sirk's Recommendation: Due to the number of spells the Warlock has, I highly recommend you try to have 0 variable cast time. Max your INT stat and get enough DEX until your character can instantly cast spells with no fixed cast time.

Wizard.thumb.PNG.70411a41bb62f8d45a5dbf1677806405.PNG

D. Merchant

Spoiler

Merchant.PNG.d9ae125aca779376ec23ffe439b98baf.PNG

D1. Genetic

Spoiler

Sirk's Recommendation: Genetic Builds usually have a good mix of INT (for additional damage in some of your skills) and DEX (for HIT and cast times). Variable cast time should not be a problems for most genetic builds.

Alchemist.PNG.61bd8a9c4e2705e6146f007a3ef35679.PNG

D2. Mechanic

Spoiler

Sirk's Recommendation: Since some Mechanic skills require DEX to increase the damage, investing in a bit of int would not be such a bad idea.

Blacksmith.PNG.d1026f470f36ad2cce63cf532abc3210.PNG

E. Swordsman

Spoiler

Swordsman.PNG.46f227f3211f5c1195a334e03f637aea.PNG

E1. Royal Guard

Spoiler

Sirk's Recommendation: Most Royal Guard builds don't really need 0 variable cast time.

Crusader.PNG.0d145ed137aef1994bea45dacdce6c71.PNG

E2. Rune Knight

Spoiler

Sirk's Recommendation: It might be worth while to invest some stats in removing variable cast time for Rune Knights.

Knight.PNG.c639832fe8f3c79db9476051d49c4155.PNG

F. Thief

Spoiler

Thief.PNG.462540a55600c6f0ce72cb19d124f1c7.PNG

F1. Guillotine Cross

Spoiler

Sirk's Recommendation: Guillotine crosses do not really have skills that need to have 0 variable cast time. I do not recommend changing your stats just to have 0 variable cast time.

Assassin.PNG.ec2d05706a0c1150d05f586432e87e54.PNG

F2. Shadow Chaser

Spoiler

Sirk's Recommendation: It might be worthwhile to invest some stats into removing the variable cast time.

Rogue.PNG.8b28a77820c1ff7d60266aa085efec9c.PNG

III. Conclusion, Sources, and Acknowledgements

So while this may seem like a lot of information to take down, knowing the cast times of whatever skill you plan to use could mean the difference between you killing your opponent and you standing there with a green bar above your head and seeing your life flash before your every eyes.

If this guide gets favorable reviews, I might add the expanded classes. :P and please leave your comments and suggestions

I would like to Thank Rayvier for helping me with his guide and for making sure I finished this guide XD the laziness is strong in me

Possible Updates:

More Classes?

Formatting?

Sources:

Gathering RO

ratemyserver.net

irowiki.org

On 6/29/2020 at 2:14 AM, Alexaa said:

..you baited me with the title

Hi Alexaa, in-case you needed it.

Taken from: https://irowiki.org/wiki/Skills#Cast_Time

Variable Cast Time:
((DEX * 2) + INT) = 530 (530 = No Variable Cast Time)

-45% - Suffragium Lv 3 
-30% - Beelzebub Card 
-10% - Dark Lord + Dark Illusion Combo
-10% - Golden Bunny Band
  -5% - Clock Tower Manager Card

FIXED Cast Time:
-0.5 seconds - Temporal Dex Boots
-70% - Fenrir Card
-50% - Fenrir's Power Scroll
  -7% - Bawaya Agimat Tattoo

You can also search on RateMyServer for more items:

bFixedCast
bFixedCastrate

3 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Hi Alexaa, in-case you needed it.

Taken from: https://irowiki.org/wiki/Skills#Cast_Time

Variable Cast Time:
((DEX * 2) + INT) = 530 (530 = No Variable Cast Time)

-45% - Suffragium Lv 3 
-30% - Beelzebub Card 
-10% - Dark Lord + Dark Illusion Combo
-10% - Golden Bunny Band
  -5% - Clock Tower Manager Card

FIXED Cast Time:
-0.5 seconds - Temporal Dex Boots
-70% - Fenrir Card
-50% - Fenrir's Power Scroll
  -7% - Bawaya Agimat Tattoo

You can also search on RateMyServer for more items:

bFixedCast
bFixedCastrate

I think Alexaa was referring to the old title of the guide which was "Work in Progress do not open and do not delete" since I could not figure out how to save the draft of the post.

Thank you for summarizing the introduction though for first-time readers I still highly suggest they read my introduction since it is not that long anyway

Thank you for your feedback and additional information :)