GatheringRO Community

Instance Bug Fixes

Everade

Memorial Dungeon - Temple of the Demon God

Temple of Demon God
* Re-Factor instance mechanics to prevent multiple instances interfering with each other.
   This fixes several possible issues with the instance.
* Fixed guardians to spawn every 10 seconds at the first stage.
* Fixed a NPC dialogue issue with the boy, that in some cases prevented players from completing the instance.
* Updated monster attack delay.
* Updated monster walk speed.

Old Glast Heim
* Fixed wrong hard mode cooldown time which was longer than intended.
* Fixed some issues related to the new killcounter system to prevent multiple guardian spawns triggering.
* Maggots no longer drop Coagulated Spell in Normal Mode and Contaminated Magic in Hard Mode due to an exploit. These drops may possibly return as soon as the exploit has been properly fixed.

Infinite Space
* Fixed a possible issue that the warp portal to the next room didn't appear, so players weren't able to complete the instance.

Sky Fortress

Charleston Crisis

Community Changes
Forum
* A few menus have been re-arranged for a cleaner overview.
* Introduction section has been removed due inactivity.
These changes should help to find the important things more easily.

Discord
* Party Voice Chats have been added.
* Gimmick Bots have been removed. There wasn't a lot of interactions with any of them.
* The forum bots which feed our Discord channels have been customized with a little more personality.

42 minutes ago, Everade said:

* Maggots no longer drop Coagulated Spell in Normal Mode and Contaminated Magic in Hard Mode due to an exploit.

Are you aware that you only get 100+ Coagulated Spell per instance?

White Knight Cards require 6,000 spells, and Khalitzburg Knight requires 10,000 Coagulated spells?

With that, you realize it will take approximately 160 instance runs to get just 1 card-set?

image.png.4cd23466bf837e8afbffa4e351687670.png

Yes i do, but that doesn't change the fact that there was a harmful exploit that allowed for "infinite" farming which players actively abused. (i hope everyone is aware about the sanctions)

Unsheduled Maintenances like this usualy only consist of hotfixes that need to get pushed out immediately to ensure a stable environment.
I'll have to think about a final solution to get this balanced out or get the exploit properly fixed.

Adjusted the news so no one gets confused.

How are players suppose to know that respawning maggots ist actually a bug?

How ist it possible that you are unaware of this for so long?

I'm sure you would have tested the instance before implementing it.

On the 2nd floor of OGH, Abyssmal Knights, Khaliztburgz, Raydrics, Raydric Archers, and Bloody Knights

spawn from just one cell in multiple locations (Exactly the same behavior as maggots).

If this ist the case, 6,000 / 10,000 coagulated spells requirement ist extremely high?

I've tested the instance many times.
However when i'm finished i simply leave the instance, as it's intended.
Thus i never realised the issue.

I'm sure such an unusual behavior is pretty clearly not intended, since it allows to farm a vast amount of the main currency with ease.
Our rules clearly state that such things shall be reported, even if you're not sure if it is a bug or not. As usual, players don't report rewarding issues.

The 2nd floor does not infinitely respawn them, so it's not the same behavior at all.

59 minutes ago, Everade said:

I've tested the instance many times.
However when i'm finished i simply leave the instance, as it's intended.
Thus i never realised the issue.

I'm sure such an unusual behavior is pretty clearly not intended, since it allows to farm a vast amount of the main currency with ease.
Our rules clearly state that such things shall be reported, even if you're not sure if it is a bug or not. As usual, players don't report rewarding issues.

The 2nd floor does not infinitely respawn them, so it's not the same behavior at all.

maybe u should start playing this game... instead of making jugdge from 10min test server playing...

I've been testing this instance for several hours.
When i run it through and don't see anything that's obviously broken, i stop testing and move on to the next issue/update and so on. 

Sure, i can play 24/7 and start enjoying the game if testing it for several hours isn't enough.
You just won't see any development anymore as i would become a player.

Sorry that this bug has get you used to something that was never intended to be.

The fact that you need a lot of instance runs to get the cards makes coagulated spell a valuable item, giving players (especially beginners) a good source of income for zeny and a reason to run the instance several times. Rich players, if they want the card badly, can easily buy it from other players. It's a healthy balance, in my view.

Given Gro's playerbase, I am not sure there are enough coagulated spells in circulation, though. This is the main problem in my eyes. A slight increase in the amount of coag. spell dropped per run might help.

Notice for upcoming changes:
Old Glast Heim reward progress will be rebalanced for both, Normal and Hard mode.
The Temporal Boots progress will also recieve an overhaul on how you will spend your currency. This means that there will be major changes on the reward and purchase progress.

Since this is an ongoing balancing process, I can't go into full details until its final release. However one of the main changes will be that Contaminated Magic will only be used for the second - bonus enchant, which brings back the value of Coagulated Spells.

The reward process shall also be improved to better scale for parties.

Just a reminder:

Please, absolutely schedule server maintenance. 15 minutes notice is not enough time for a "scheduled maintenance".

I was about to go into OGH hard mode, when I saw the announcement. If I had gone inside, I would have to wait

another 24 hours on top of the 72 hour cooldown that OGH hard previously had.

It has been announced it 30 minutes prior maintenance put up on our news as well.
There were 3 announcements in total before it started.

Please also note that you can always make a shoutout in the global chat when an announcement appears.
Depending on the maintenance it can be pushed back by a few minutes so you can finish it up.