GatheringRO Community

Kazalus' Guide to The Geffen Magic Tournament: Sorcerer Edition

Kazalus

Click for the video --> KazalusGMT.rrf <---The item build and skill build for this guide is similar to that of a PvP Build for Sorcerer. Please refer to my previous guide.

~~~The purpose of this guide is to give more options to players in farming for the Fenrir Card.~~~

Hello, GatheringRO players~ Here, I will show you how to conquer the Geffen Magic Tournament using the Sorcerer class! I will be talking about certain tactics and skills you need to use in order to beat the enemies in this solo instance. I will keep this guide short and sweet~ Enjoy~ :D:D:D

============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

This guide contains:
- Skills you need

- 'How-to-kill'

- 'Tactics' 

- Recommendations

============================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================

Skills you need

To destroy your enemies here with utmost efficiency, you will require these few but important staple-skills.

so_diamonddust.gif Diamond Dust - this skill is very important in both PvP and PvE of the Sorcerer Class. This skill can reach instant-cast, deal a lot of damage, and inflict Crystallization upon the enemy. This skill will be one of your main DPS skills in the tournament.

so_psychic_wave.gif Psychic Wave - this skill will be your main DPS. It has the ability to change to a different element depending on your Elemental Summon.

mg_firewall.gif Fire Wall - you will be using this skill often for push-back purposes. I will elaborate later on in the guide.

mg_safetywall.gif Safety Wall - this will be important in the last two stages of the tournament. You will need to constantly cast this on yourself to avoid taking annoying damage. I recommend using a Mistress card in this case.

so_cloud_kill.gif Killing Cloud - this skill is deceptively useful when it comes to interrupting the skills of enemies. Although the damage of this skill is laughably diminutive, it's ~0.5 damage interval is enough to interrupt particularly deadly skills from the mobs in the tournament.

so_summon_ventus.gif Summon Ventus (Level 2) - you need this particular level of Ventus to compete well in the tournament. Ventus 2 (on Passive Mode) will allow your Psychic Wave to deal Wind Element damage thus allowing you to hit Ghost Property mobs like Blut Hase and Fenris Fenrir.

mg_thunderstorm.gif Thunderstorm - this will server as your extra DPS skill. You will need to be on Ventus - Passive to be able to pull this off.

so_water_insignia.gif Water Insignia - Keep this skill up at all times to increase your overall DPS against the enemy. I recommend keeping this at level 1 so that you don't have to pack so many Indigo Points with you. You may also use other Insignias to furthermore boost your DPS such as Fire InsigniaWater Insignia basically Wind-Element damage against those within the Insignia (Do note that Ventus 2-P converts your Psychic Wave element to Wind-property!) making this a very formidable skill against all the enemies in the Tournament. I also recommend placing the Insignias on your spot during that last two rounds of the tournament since it is inevitable that the enemy will approach you and not get knocked back.

'How-to-Kill'

The tournament will have 13 rounds each with increasing difficulty. Refer here to the Opponent List.
~~~Remember, ALL enemies here are Demi-human so Zakudam Cards and a Fallen Bishop Hibram Card will work very well here.~~~

Before Round 1 starts, cast Ventus 2 and switch to Passive Mode. Repeat this process when you reach the 10th Round or until your summon vanishes. (Bring at least 20 Wind of Verdure. The more, the better.)

2549.gifROUND 1: Arhi Arhi is pretty easy to kill but he's a good warm-up. So why not practice the combo here?

Step 1 - Cast so_cloud_kill.gif Killing Cloud on top of the NPC: Arhi before the announcement of the battle commencing is brought out.

Step 2 - After casting so_cloud_kill.gif Killing Cloud, cast three mg_firewall.gif Fire Walls on the first 3 cells in front of Arhi's NPC

eg.
[You] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [mg_firewall.gif] [mg_firewall.gif] [mg_firewall.gif] [2549.gif] (X marks the Fire Walls)

Step 3 - Use the combo in my previous guide. When the battle commences, Cast so_diamonddust.gif Diamond Dust first and follow it up with a mg_thunderstorm.gif Thunderstorm and a so_psychic_wave.gif Psychic Wave and then cast mg_thunderstorm.gif Thunderstorm again followed by a so_diamonddust.gif Diamond Dust. Timing is crucial here and if you button-mash, you might accidentally run to the enemy and attack them. Warm up on this stage and make sure you don't flop.

2550.gif ROUND 2: Dio Anemos - This guy is pretty easy to kill too. Follow the same steps as what you did with Arhi and you won't take a single point of damage. Don't forget to do the combo as well!

2552.gif2551.gif2553.gifROUND 3: Geffen Bully/Geffen Shoplifter/Geffen Gang Member - Depending on where you pass-by in going towards the registration, you will encounter certain situations and these guys aren't very tough so just implement the same tactic as the ones stated above.

2554.gif ROUND 4: Faymont - Faymont won't be much of a problem either. Continue warming up!

2555.gif ROUND 5: Ordre - She's just a little tanky but still isn't a problem. At this point, your mg_firewall.gifFire Walls might start to vanish as well as your so_cloud_kill.gif Killing Cloud. If you followed the steps, your so_cloud_kill.gif Killing Cloud will vanish first marking that in 6 to 5 seconds, your mg_firewall.gif Fire Walls will begin to vanish. Just simply recast them till they're back to normal, and prioritize mg_firewall.gif Fire Wall at all costs.

2556.gifROUND 6: Blut Hase - This round marks the start of tanky-ness. Blut Hase is Ghost Property meaning a so_psychic_wave.gif Psychic Wave without a Ventus 2-P buff will be extremely ****. Do the mg_firewall.gif + so_cloud_kill.gifFire Wall-Killing Cloud combo and do the skill rotation as well. 

2557.gif ROUND 7: Kuro Akuma - Although this guy doesn't possess Ghost Property, he has the ability to reduce your SP by a lot with Wide Soul Drain. It's annoying but avoidable. The mg_firewall.gif Fire Wall stacks will keep him from getting close and triggering the Wide Soul Drain skill on you. Do not cast Energy Coat here because it will only make your SP go lower if ever he gets near. Don't forget the skill rotation!

2558.gif ROUND 8: Ifodes - I have to admit that this guy has caused my death more times Fenrir ever did. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT AT ALL COSTS let this guy get close to you. He has a lvl 1000000 Spiral Pierce (not really) that will deal roughly 450k - 500k damage. I strongly recommend you using a Tao Gunka Card in this round for safety precautions. Speaking of safety, mg_safetywall.gif Safety Wall does not block Spiral Pierce because it is considered a ranged attack. Keep those mg_firewall.gif Fire Walls up and make sure there are at least 2 that are still active along with a so_cloud_kill.gif Killing Cloud to make him flinch. Take your time here, it will save you. Don't forget the skill rotation!

2559.gif ROUND 9: Licheniyes - She's tanky and can use Holy Light that deals just as much damage as an un-buffed Adoramus. Keep your distance and your mg_firewall.gif Fire Walls up and you'll be fine. Don't forget the skill rotation!

2560.gif ROUND 10: Odoric - Easy but tanky. Do the same thing and don't let her get close. She can deal burst damage and can still kill you with regular attacks. Keep your distance and your mg_firewall.gif Fire Walls up and you'll be fine. Don't forget the skill rotation!

2561.gifROUND 11: Ju - This guy is tanky and will hurt you really badly if you fail your skill rotation and forget to keep your Fire Walls up. Again, keep your distance and your mg_firewall.gif Fire Walls up and you'll be fine. Don't forget the skill rotation

ROUND 12: Dwigh/Fay Kanavian - I will have to separate these two because their difficulty levels have a significant gap between each other. BOTH CANNOT BE PUSHED BACK BY FIRE WALL. Both enemies possess Ghost Property and will require you to use Ventus 2-P. Refresh it's duration if you feel it will vanish any time soon. (You don't want it vanishing mid-match).

2562.gif Dwigh - easier than Faye but can still pack a punch. Stay on your spot and cast 'Violent Gale' on your spot. This will enhance your Wind Element damage causing you to deal extra DPS. Cast Safety Wall on your cell and stay that way. You can cast multiple mg_firewall.gif Fire Walls on the same spot to inflict a short burst of damage when Dwigh approaches you. You may cast so_cloud_kill.gif Killing Cloud on your spot if you want to so that you can interrupt her short cast-times. Keep your mg_safetywall.gif Safety Wall up at all times and keep on refreshing it. Don't forget the skill rotation!

2563.gif2565.gifFay Kanavian (and Alphonse)  - Arguably one of the most annoying foes in this tournament (although her homunculus isn't a problem at all) . Her attack speed and auto-attack damage hurts so bad that you will spend a lot of time refreshing your mg_safetywall.gif Safety Wall. You can use the same tactic as Dwigh to beat her. The combo is very useful here since you will see the effectiveness of the DPS. You won't need to use so_cloud_kill.gif Killing Cloud here since she doesn't cast a lot of skills unlike Dwigh. Also, you may cast Warmer on yourself to supply ample HP Regeneration just in case you get hit a couple of times while your mg_safetywall.gif  Safety Wall gets broken. Don't forget the skill rotation!

2564.gif ROUND 13: Fenris Fenrir - If you reached this far, you should be comfortable on how the combo works. Fenrir will destroy you with fire and fury if you don't utilize what you have learned. Repeat the preparation process you did with Dwigh and Fay Kanavian and cast so_cloud_kill.gif Killing Cloud on your spot. It is important that you keep the so_cloud_kill.gif Killing Cloud active throughout the match to prevent her from stripping your shield and casting her high-powered skills such as Tetra Vortex and Earth Strain. Keep on doing your combo and never stop casting spells. If ever your HP drops below 20%, don't hesitate to use all_full_throttle.gif Full Throttleall_full_throttle.gif Full Throttle increases your stats and could give you a significant boost in damage to kill Fenris. Don't forget the skill rotation!

Recommendations (I will make this part brief)

Items: I suggest you use something like a Valkyrie Shield with a Thara Frog Card inside to help with the damage taken from the enemies. Zakudam Cards inside a +10~ Crimson Rod would be very valuable along with a Fallen Bishop Hibram Card (slotted on Footgear).

Before proceeding to the Tournament Registration, go to the purple dot on the mini-map. You will encounter Geffen Bullies (this will cause you to fight one of them in the tournament.) Beat them up and get the buff from Fenrir and Loki.

GMT_BuffEventPoint.png.163d6d6963a8e20c98c07f4b38a794a5.png (credits to https://irowiki.org/wiki/Geffen_Magic_Tournament)

Any questions? :D Leave them in the comments and I will answer them the best I can~. (I might upload more pictures on fighting the mobs of the Tournament. Stay tuned!).

Don't forget to play this for an actual play-through of the GMT using a Sorcerer!---> KazalusGMT.rrf

10 hours ago, D e M o N said:

This is a great guide, but wouldn't it be easier if you used a Ranger or Warlock?

True, but this guide, unlike Warlock does not require Kiel or Gioia or Elvira cards. You can beat the Tournament easily with budget items. Although I don't use WL in GMT, I guess you use Soul Expansion as your main damage source.

10 hours ago, Kazalus said:

True, but this guide, unlike Warlock does not require Kiel or Gioia or Elvira cards. You can beat the Tournament easily with budget items. Although I don't use WL in GMT, I guess you use Soul Expansion as your main damage source.

WL doesn't truly need kiel/gioia/elvira, it will just be harder without them.

But Ranger can easily do GMT with budget items. Ankle Snare and Mercenary really helps. xD

Side note: AFAIK, Emperium items do not work in GMT.

2 hours ago, D e M o N said:

WL doesn't truly need kiel/gioia/elvira, it will just be harder without them.

But Ranger can easily do GMT with budget items. Ankle Snare and Mercenary really helps. xD

Side note: AFAIK, Emperium items do not work in GMT.

I use two emp gloves in GMT o.o means I've been handicapped all this time XD but I notice that Ankle Snares don't work on the last two rounds. I guess merc will shine there hahaha