GatheringRO Community

Kazalus' Guide to Sorcery!

Kazalus

This guide is dedicated to aspiring Sorcerers who seek to be better overall!

Please bear with me, I'm a very disorganized person and I tend to have my ideas cluttered. /ene 

This guide contains:

• What is the Sorcerer class?
  • Pros & Cons
  • Possible Items
  • Important Skills

What is the Sorcerer class?

The Sorcerer class is one of the most versatile classes in Ragnarok. It requires a certain amount of skill for the know-how and a lot more for mastering the class. The Sorcerer specializes in Area of Effect (AoE) skills to take down single or multiple enemies. Their Psychic Wave has the ability to change in Elemental Property depending on their Summoned Elementals (we'll get to that later). Although the Sorcerer class is highly centered to the offensive kind of class, they don't fall short in their numerous defensive skills that many don't see coming.

752962597_UNlimitedpower.png.0037779a546acd1ebd7c8db452106006.png

Pros:

• High AoE and Burst damage
  • High skill-ceiling class
  • Incredibly versatile and high adaptability
  • High-sustain magic class

Cons:

• Needs practice to play efficiently
  • A lot of skills to keep track of
  • Demands a lot of material usage

Items:

Spoiler

Upper Headgear:

18849.png  +12 Celine's Ribbon [1] - (Obtained by trading a 18848.gif +9 or greater Lush Rose [1] and 1000 7642.gif Bloody Coins to Vagrant Cain at @warp xmas 240 297). This item offers a ton of Matk with a potential to increase even more the higher the refine rate is.

18848.gif  +9 Lush Rose [1] - (Obtained from the Horror Toy Factory). This item is a prerequisite of Celine's Ribbon and is in essence, a lesser and more budget version of the mentioned item. 

Skeggioldhat.png.fb28741b7c5365b3597d43d48e7662b3.png  Skeggiold Hat [1] (Obtainable from Skeggiolds in @warp odin_tem03). The Skeggiold Hat is a very good and relatively easy yet tiring item to farm. It adds +15% Matk at the cost of -15% Atk.

Prism.png.6f37b485958137b91fd6598dee5f1e86.png  Prism [1] (Obtainable here. I recommend getting either Effect #2 or Effect #3). The Prism is a pretty good headgear for any class and would recommend running it on a Sorcerer. Depending on whether you wish to be a more offensive or defensive Sorcerer will depend on which Prism Effect you decide to acquire.

BlessedValkHelm.png.e134f4e99826a1436e8b1082f7e94a58.png  Blessed Valkyrie Helm [1] (Obtainable here.). The Blessed Valkyrie Helm is an overall great item. It provides +15 to All Stats and a slot. The raw stats allow more room for versatility in the Sorcerer's ability to both survive and deal damage.

BG1stplace.gif.ec13a188168dbfcd1fffc806f22c3cc5.gif   BG 1st Place [1] (Obtainable by reaching 1st place in Battlegrounds Ranking). In addition to providing +9 to All Stats, this headgear has a 15% chance of piercing spell immunity, allowing offensive-type magic spells to have a chance of hitting enemies using the Golden Thiefbug Card.

18793.png?nocache=941193328  +9 Sorcerer's Night Cap [1] - A rare and niche item that caters to an uncommon build: Spell Fist.

Cards for Upper Headgear:
card.gif Fenrir Card In addition to this card reducing fixed cast time, the magic attack it grants scales with the refine rate of the slotted headgear. I recommend slotting this on a headgear that can be refined in order to achieve maximum effectiveness. Items such as 18848.gif Lush Rose and 18849.png Celine's Ribbon synergize greatly with this card.
card.gif High Wizard Card - This card ignores the magic defense of normal monsters (players included) enabling a higher damage output for the Sorcerer.
card.gif Kiel-D-01 CardBy significantly lowering after-cast delay, this card will allow you to fling spells in quick succession allowing little time for your foes to react to your spells.

Middle Headgear:
63086.png +12 Noble Mask [1] - (Obtainable here). This item provides a bonus percentage to your Attack and Magic Attack and can be refined. This item synergizes with the Fenrir Card.

18877.png Eye of Baron [1] - (Obtainable via Hunter Rewards in the Adventure Guild in Althea). This lowers your after-cast delay by 5% making this an overall good pick in any Sorcerer build. This also synergizes well with the Kiel-D-01 Card.

18895 Royal Dark Flame [1] - (Obtainable through the World Boss Events). A somewhat better version of the Noble Mask with the downside being that this cannot be refined.

18503.png?nocache=469641329 Small Devil Horns [0] - (Obtainable via Hunter Rewards in the Adventure Guild in Althea). Despite not having any slot, this item provides percentage bonus to Attack and Magic Attack in addition to strong HP and SP bonuses. A strong item to pick up for more defensive/sustain Sorcerers.

Cards for Middle Headgear:
card.gif Fenrir Card Despite multiple Fenrir Cards being able to stack, the fixed cast time reduction effect from multiple instances of this card will have diminishing returns. However, the magic attack bonuses still stack normally. Synergizes best with a highly-refined Noble Mask.
card.gif Kiel-D-01 CardMultiple instances of this card stack additively with each other allowing even faster spell slinging.
card.gif Maya Purple CardThis allows you to detect hidden enemies giving you a tactical edge against them. Do not use this card if you're going for an Effect #3 Prism.
card.gif Gemini-S58 Card - Depending on your base stats, this card will provide you with status resistances that are incredibly helpful to the Sorcerer.

Lower Headgear:

63023.png Sagering [1] - (obtainable here) It works just like the Noble Mask except without the stats. It grants +% Matk and Atk and has 1 slot.

18936.png?nocache=1057433766 Golden Fish in Mouth [0]

19145.png?nocache=26506432 Whistle [0]

18750.png?nocache=1108406797 Poker Card in Mouth [0]

63026.png Nebula Aura [1] - This item is great against other spell casters due to it's large amount of Mdef that it adds. The great thing is that it has 1 slot! Guide here.

63340.png Rainbow Sash [1] - A very rare item obtained through both hard work and luck. Adds +5 to All Stats. Guide here.

Cards for Lower Headgear:
card.gif Marduk Card -
card.gif Isilla Card -

Armor:

63910.png?nocache=1311341770 +9 Emperium Light Robe [1] -

63914.png?nocache=1667792810 +9 Emperium Formal Suit [1] 

15016.gif +9 Emperium Magic Coat [1] -

63927.png?nocache=211789791 +9 Guardian's Armor [1] -

65117.png +10 Warmaster Suit [1] -

15074.png +12 Geffen Magic Robe [1] -

15048.gif +9 Siege Robe [1] -

65133.png?nocache=1440401990  Adventurer's Armor [1] -

Cards for Armor:
Tao Gunka Card
Professor Card
Entweihen Crothen Card

Weapon:

1373190385_EmperiumBook.png.26c6b7997e96a4185969661e5fab8edb.png Emperium Book [2] -

63818.png Emperium Knife [2] -

1680.gif +15 Crimson Rod [2] -

1584.gif +12 Chilly Spellbook [2] -

1637.gif +10 Eraser -

1616.gif  Wing Staff [1] -

1565.gif  +10 Ledger of Death [2] -

Cards for Weapon:
Time Holder Card
Celine Kimi Card
Zakudam Card

Ju Card

Shield: 

28901.png +12 Mad Bunny [1] - This infamous shield grants Atk and Matk and grants additional stats when you reach a certain refine threshold. When you reach +12, your cast becomes uninterruptible. I don't recommend pairing this up with a Geffen Magic Robe since the 'uninterruptible cast' becomes redundant. If you posses a +12 Mad Bunny, I recommend you go for a Brynhild, Warmaster Set or an Emperium Set. Oh, you can get this via World Boss Events.

2168.png +12 Immune Shield [1] -

2115.gif Valkyrie Shield [1] - This is a good shield for resisting other magic-users. I recommend slotting a Thara Frog Card in here.

2149.gif Emperium Shield [1] - This shield is my personal preference when taking on Rangers and Rebellion classes (or bow-type Shadow Chasers) since this grants an ample amount of Ranged-damage resistance and is even more powerful with a Horn Card or Thara Frog card slotted in it.

Recommended cards to slot in Shield: 
4671 Goldring Boss Card - This card is basically 'Anti-Golden Thief Bug' card since it allows +75% chance for spells to hit regardless of protection. If paired with the BG 1st Place headgear, you can reach a total of +90% chance to hit spells regardless of protection.
4671 Thara Frog Card - This is a defensive card against the general foes you face. It reduces damage you take from Demi-human by 30% making you very hardy against most players.
4671Maya Card - Using this card makes you less of a target against single-target spell users since it grants +50% spell reflect. With Orlean's Server and Cat O' Nine Tails Card, you can reach 60% spell reflect.
4671 Horn Card - This card is especially good against long-ranged enemies such as Rangers, Rune Knights (Dragon Breath), and Genetics. +35% Reduction from Long-ranged attacks isn't so shabby, isn't it?
4671 Golden Thief Bug Card - When going up against spell-casters, it is important to always bring protection (hehe). This also prevent you from getting Frozen, Stone Cursed, or Masqueraded.

Garment:

2562.gif +10 Emperium Muffler [1] - Part of the new Emperium sets! (goes with the Emperium Magic Coat and Emperium Sturdy Boots for full effect!). Adds bonus Matk and reduces cast delay! 

65118.png +10 Warmaster's Cloak [1] - I recommend only using this when you can complete the Warmaster's Set. If so, you get a massive bonus to your Psychic Wave. With the Warmaster's Cape alone, you can only benefit from it's damage reduction from players.

63928.png?nocache=110974440  +9 Guardian's Lantern Shield of Intelligence [1] - 

20749.png?nocache=1703851134 +12 Fallen Warrior Manteau [1] -

2576.png +9 Adventurer's Backpack [1] - Provides bonuses based on your Base stats and refine! Can be obtained via the Pro Hunter Shop in Althea. For more info, click here.

20717.gif +12 Giant Snake Skin [1] -  (obtainable here). Now, the stats and slot of the Giant Snake Skin are RANDOM. The stats you're looking for are either Special Int, +Int, +Int or Special Int, +Int, +Str. This item goes very well with Temporal Boots since it will make you benefit from a set bonus that adds +% HP and SP causing you to be a tank-y-er than you're supposed to be.

2587.gif Siege Muffler [1] - obtainable through Castle Chests. I recommend you buy this off vendors in Althea for around 1m -> 2m~. This item goes well with the Siege Robe and Siege Shoes since they go together as a -> set <-. 

2589.gif Fallen Angel Wings [1]  - These garments aren't bad at all. They add bonuses to you based on your Base StatsFallen Angel Wings can be obtained through Battleground Rewards

63902.png?nocache=525240918 Emperium Wings [1] - Adds bonuses to you based on your Base Stats. Obtainable through WoE Rewards in the WoE Core Shops

20830.png Wings of Seraph [1] - Adds bonuses to you based on your Base Stats. Obtainable through the Adventurer Guild Coupon Redemption NPC.

63903.png?nocache=992062879 Archangel Wings [1] - Add bonuses to you based on your Base Stats. Obtainable via Redeeming 250 A Coupons in Adventure Guild (Thanks @Gale Windscar!)

2515.gif Eagle Wing [0] - I recommend that you only use this if you have the Wing Staff equipped so you benefit from the +25% movement speed bonus from the -> combo <-.

65134.png Adventurer's Cape [1] - Part of the giveaway set! Useful as a set in PvP.

Cards for Garment:

4671Marsh Arclouse Card - One of the pretty new cards that came out in the recent updates of Rock Ridge. You can find a couple of them in "@warp harboro2". This card is quite powerful for a card you can easily farm. The card adds a total of 100 Matk if you have 200 Int (which is just like an Entweihen Crothen Card except it's slotted in the garment!) (Note: The card effect in gRO is a little different compared to the divine-pride's database as in this server, it only grants a static 1% attack delay reduction)

4671 Sorcerer Celia Card - One of the more powerful and expensive cards, this grants you a potential +20 to All Stats as well as the chance to transform into the Sorceress Celia and temporarily gain +100 Matk (if you complete the combo).

4671 Assassin Cross Card - This card is perfect against classes that require visible targets to land their skills. Use this to break their vision and kite around them

4671 Antique Book Card - A cheap and easy-to-get card. Adds Matk for every 10 Base Int.

4671 Dark Guardian Kades Card - This card is especially useful against other Sorcerers since it grants a ton of resistance against Wind, Water, and Fire Property attacks BUT, you take 100% more damage against Ghost and Holy Attacks. Just try not to switch this in when you're against a Warlock doing Soul Expansion...
4671 Gioia Card - This card is really good considering that you can "Summon Ventus Lvl 2" (I will discuss later). Be careful of this card since you will take extra damage from everything else which is essentially bad considering you have low HP.
4671 Farbjodur Card - This card is basically the reverse of the Kades Card. It's good to switch this out when you're against Rangers or Genetics... or any Neutral Damage dealers.
4671 Randel Card - I don't recommend this card to be you main card in your garment but Ido  recommend you use this in a spare garment you have and cast that Level 3 Auto Guard it grants and switch back to your main garment. This won't de-buff you of your Auto Guard this skill will save you from killing blows like the Tiger Cannon of a Sura or a Sacrifice from a Royal Guard.

4671 Deviling Card - This card can help you against a lot of neutral damage dealers such as Royal Guards, Suras, Rangers, and Minstrels. Beware though, because you will take additional damage from any other damage source.

Footgear:

22009.gif +12~ Temporal Boots (Int) [1] - A good pair of boots to wear with or without the Giant Snake Skin. You would want to enchant this with a couple of Coagulated Spells and get Spell5 and Runaway Magic. If you don't get Runaway Magic, it's okay. What matters is that you get Spell5. You can get this item here.

2460.gif +9 Emperium Sturdy Boots [1] - Part of the new Emperium sets! One of the best footgears for Mage class for it provides Matk and some movement speed to boot!

65119.png?nocache=1583048575 +10 Warmaster's Shoes [1] - Again, this thing is best when you complete the Warmaster Set.

63937.png?nocache=423276044 +9 Guardian Boots of Intelligence [1] 

22072.png?nocache=928784734 +12 Hiking Boots [1] -  This thing has a slot and adds both MaxHP and MaxSP (base bonus is +4% on each) and every 3 refines increases the bonuses to MaxHP and MaxSP. This thing also grants a lot of Movement speed when it hits +12. You can obtain this item via Hunter Rewards in the Adventure Guild in Althea.

65135.png +0 Adventurer's Boots [1] - One of your starting PvP gear! Just follow the NPC: Giveaway's instructions in Althea and you get one of these as a part of your giveaway set!

Recommended cards to slot in Footgear:
Fallen Bishop Card- Arguably the best card for magic-users. Even if you're not up against players or Demi-human monsters, you still benefit from the +10% Matk. Be careful though, this reduced your SP by 50% and will reduce the damage your Energy Coat can soak.
Moonlight Flower Card - A very great card to switch in when you need a little(large) boost in movement speed.
Boss Egnigem Card -

Accessories:

65115.png Emperium Glove [1] - You can obtain this item from WoE Rewards. It adds Str and Int and +5% Matk and Atk. It has 1 slot. This accessory is my personal favorite since it is well balanced and grants whatever a Sorcerer needs.

2828.gif Emperium Clip [1] - The recent patch added a combo with Emperium accessories going as a set just as long as they are not the same item. Like if you're using Emperium Glove and Emperium Clip, you get a set bonus from it!. Grants Level 1 Hiding and Level 1 Sight. Hiding is particularly useful against Rune Knights because you can basically avoid a majority of their skills and play peek-a-boo with them.

63947.png?nocache=2049825571 Guardian's Bracer [1] -

2853.gif Telekenetic Orb - A cheap-o accessory that is still pretty cool. I used two of these when I was new in the server and it boosts the damage of your Psychic Wave by 10%. Downside is that it has no slots and that's basically all it does aside from it increasing your SP consumption and adding a few stats.

2703.gif Improved Expert Ring [1] (or just plain Expert Ring [1] if you're poor like me ;-;) - These rings reduce your cast delay making you throw down all your skills before your enemy can react!

2622.gif Improved Earring [1] - This item grants extra Matk for every 10 Base Int. Pretty decent but not the best in my book!

Recommended cards to slot in Accessory:
Dwigh Card - I've been trying to get my hands on this thing for quite some time now. Increases Neutral and Shadow Property magic damage by 10%! Your Psychic Wave's default property is Neutral making this card a staple.
Errende Ebecee Card - Your friend when you need to defend yourself from those pesky Rangers, Rune Knights, and Genetics. Has a chance to cast lvl 1 Pneuma when hit by a physical attack. I recommend you switch this in if you're going up against long-range attackers.
Scaraba Card - A simple but great card! Adds +20 Matk but reduces your MaxSP by 1%. I recommend you getting this for starters since it is easily farmed.
Elvira Card - Yay! It's like a mini-Gioia card! >:D (Adds +10% more damage using Wind and Ghost Element magic).

Important Skills:

Spoiler

You must know that Sorcerers are very skill dependent. These are skills you need to keep in mind:

I will discuss the important ones. (Yes, it may seem as if I named every single spell but these are very important).

so_psychic_wave.gif Psychic Wave - One of the most important and rudimentary spells for the Sorcerer. You get most of your DPS from this spell. It has the ability to change property depending on the Elemental you cast with Elemental Control. For instance, you cast Ventus lvl 2 and follow up with a Elemental Control lvl 1, you get a Wind Property Psychic Wave.
Take note that only level 2 Elementals on Passive Mode (level 1) will change the property of your Psychic Wave. 

so_diamonddust.gif Diamond Dust - The skill you always open up with. This skill is annoying as hell! There is a chance that you inflict the Crystallization proc. Which will cause enemies to get 'stunned' and you can follow up with a Psychic Wave, Killing Cloud, Thunder Storm, Spider Web etc. It's a good skill and has a small AoE so you can affect more than one target.

mg_thunderstorm.gif Thunder Storm - You might be thinking that this is a dumb spell but this thing deals an insane amount of damage in a single cast. Remember, Thunder Storm is Wind Property which means it benefits from the Gioia and Elvira Cards

so_cloud_kill.gif Killing Cloud - A spell that is underestimated by many a Sorcerers and Sorceresses. The damage and chance to proc. the Poisoned de-buff is so subtle that many players overlook the damage. But once you do the 1-2 combo of Spider Web + Killing Cloud, you get an angry player in your hands. You can also finish of a Poisoned target with Poison Buster (I won't mention this skill because it isn't used very often in most fights) and deal a lot of damage. This skill is also good for defending choke holds like Pre-Emperium rooms. (Always instant cast unless hit by Mandragora Howling). This skill costs 2 Red Gemstones to cast.

so_el_control.gif Elemental Control: (This is where things get a little complicated but all the more interesting /gg get ready to dominate your foes!)
   -Level 1 (Passive Mode)
You will use this mode a lot for all the Elementals (Ventus, Agni, Aqua, and Tera). Activating this mode will trigger certain effects to occur depending on the Elemental and the Level of the Elemental.

-Level 2
(Defensive Mode)
You will use this mode a for Ventus (mostly level 1 Ventus), and occasionally the Level 2 Summons.

~Summon Elemental: Refer here for more info! Please do note that good players will go for your Elemental before trying to attack you. Your Elemental plays a big role in both your survivability and your damage output. Also keep in mind that summoning an Elemental of the same element will send all Elemental summoning on cooldown regardless of which level you cast them. (e.g. You cast Level 1 Ventus. This will cause your Level 1, 2, and 3 to go into cooldown).

so_summon_ventus.gif Ventus

El_Ventus_S.gif.664c38785038658651fff9891388f4c5.gif Level 1 - Req. 3 Wind of Verdure to Cast
Passive Mode: Reduces fixed cast time and makes most of your skills instant cast. Skills that aren't made instant cast are Energy Coat, Memorize, and Thunder Storm (Thunder Storm will still have a ~0.5 second cast time.)

Defensive Mode: Teleports you to a random cell in a certain area, increases your flee and most of all, your movement speed. The flee bonus is so high that a Sura can miss their combos on you as well as a Guillotine Cross missing their Cross Impact. The movement speed bonus is comparable to that of a Moonlight Flower Card. You can chase down opponents or run away when the situation calls for it.

El_Ventus_M.gif.0037f34d5a0035332578a67b83c59966.gif Level 2 - Req. 6 Wind of Verdure to Cast
Passive Mode: Reduces fixed cast time and makes most of your skills instant cast. It also endows your Psychic Wave with Wind Property making the Gioia card and Elvira card relevant in this situation not to mention that it also increases the damage of your Varetyr Spear and Electric Walk!

Defensive Mode: Increases your resistance against Wind Property by 100%! But, increases damage taken from Earth Property by 100%. Useful against other Sorcerers using Ventus 2-P against you.

El_Ventus_L.gif.61c448a0d9f15917df334708025f73b7.gifLevel 3 - Req. 1 Rough Wind to Cast
Passive Mode: Reduces fixed cast time and makes most of your skills instant cast. Also has a chance of casting Lighting Bolt lvl (depends on JobLvl) at (depends on JobLvl)% when normal attacking, and adds a 50% chance of you not consuming Wind of Verdure when using Violent Gale or Endow Tornado.

Defensive Mode: Creates a 3x3 Tornado on your spot to block incoming long-ranged attacks and occasionally blocks other sources of damage. Long-ranged attacks include some Ranger skills like Arrow Storm, Aimed Bolt, Double Strafe, Sharpshooting etc. Some Rune Knight skills like Spiral Pierce (yes, Spiral Pierce is ranged), Dragon Breath and Sonic Wave.

so_summon_agni.gif Agni

El_Agni_S.gif.98761f98f517a256e4881cba53255c4c.gifLevel 2 - Req. 3 Red Blood to Cast

Passive Mode: Increases the damage of Fire Bolt and Fire Wall. This form of Agni is very 'gimmicky' since you're going to utilize Fire Wall more often than Fire Bolt (unless you're a Double Cast/Spell Fist build!) due to the fact that you can stack multiple Fire Walls on a single cell in WoE or Battlegrounds and let anyone who passes through it take MASSIVE damage and kill most squishy classes outright.

Defensive Mode: Allows one to inflict Fire-property damage around the caster and push back anyone caught in it. It's pretty nice when playing 1v1 PvP up against  a Guillotine Cross or a Sura since it pushes them back allowing you some breathing room to cast spells.

El_Agni_M.gif.d5bec55b3c1ff50beff0154aab25593b.gifLevel 2 - Req. 6 Red Blood to Cast
Passive Mode: Endows your Psychic Wave with Fire Property! What's more is that increases the HP regeneration of your Warmer! From 1% ->100% HP, it takes about 10 seconds to fully heal a person. Also increases Fire Walk damage (but meh). This is particularly useful when a bunch of your buddies decide to get gravely wounded without a healer around. Cast Agni, Go Passive Mode, cast Warmer, and watch them heal!

Defensive Mode: Works like the Ventus 2-D except it increases resistance against Fire Damage by 100% and reduces Water property resistance by 100%.

El_Agni_L.gif.f4d331d817e869f0f8fcf80601c20d44.gifLevel 3 - Req. 1 Flame Heart to Cast

Defensive Mode: 

Creates a 3x3 Fire property barrier around the summoner that absorbs one hit each cell (iro.wiki). I only use this form of Agni when I wanna troll some people in WoE (which does not happen often since I treat every opponent of mine with dignity and respect /no1 ) The Ring of Fire works like Cloud Kill except it deals Fire damage, has a longer damage interval, and pushes enemies back. This 'ring of fire' disappears if your elemental disappears so be mindful! Pro-tip, Cast this on the entrance along with your Cloud Kill to deal nasty damage!

so_summon_aqua.gif Aqua

El_Aqua_S.gif.0310a2432f0faf83abbacebd66f4dbc4.gif     Level 1 - Req. 3 Crystal Blue to Cast

Defensive Mode: This has to be the most underrated summon of all Sorcerer summons. This cute guy (on his cute defensive mode) turns into a Devotion machine. He's so cute, he'll take that damage for you instead! It's kinda sad though when you get hit with a Tiger Cannon and he dies instead... poor guy.

El_Aqua_M.gif.fe5aa6810fff26708d218f0dbf72c6c2.gifLevel 2 - Req. 6 Crystal Blue to Cast
Passive Mode: Endows your Psychic Wave with Water Property! Increases your Diamond Dust damage and Cold Bolt damage by a lot. When I say a lot, I mean A. LOT. You can use Aqua 2-P as a backup when your Ventus goes down. 

Defensive Mode: Works like the Ventus 2-D except it increases resistance against Water Damage by 100% and reduces Wind property resistance by 100%.

El_Aqua_L.gif.426b37b7062700ad2805b10942437aa0.gifLevel 3 - Req. 1 Mystic Frozen to Cast

Defensive Mode: This beauty creates a barrier around you that negates 20% of the damage taken! You can basically tank the heck out of any attack just as long as you're in the barrier and if this mermaid is still alive. Be warned though, attack and flee is reduced whilst within the barrier! Use this when you guys are making a last stand against enemies as well as to play more defensively. Theoretically, you can cast an infinite number of barriers so long as your elemental is still active. Technically, you can cast a maximum of 3 till the rest begin to vanish.

so_summon_tera.gif Tera

El_Tera_M.gif.dfd8ae75dac4a08aa1e13710be834c10.gifLevel 2 - Req. 6 Green Live to Cast
Passive Mode: Endows your Psychic Wave with Earth Property! (this does not reveal units in hiding :P ). Also increases damage of your Earth Grave, Killing Cloud and Poison Buster by a significant amount as well as increase your MaxHP by 10%.

Defensive Mode: Works like the Ventus 2-D except it increases resistance against Earth Damage by 100% and reduces Fire property resistance by 100%.

El_Tera_L.gif.2dd5cf188741afacdefa5ce0eed5ee46.gif Level 3 - Req. 1 Great Nature to Cast

Defensive Mode: This mode creates a barrier around the caster which slows the movement speed of those within the barrier but increase the MaxHP by 20%, increase defense, and prevent the status effects of Stone Curse and External Bleeding. This mode is very effective if you know the enemy is using something like a Buwaya Card or a Root of Corruption Card. Just don't take this skill lightly because Thanatos Card users will rip you apart. Normally, I use this when I'm with a Dragon Breath user or a Royal Guard who's Sacrifice build to increase their damage even more! Just like the rest of the Level 3 summons, you may cast this effect multiple times in separate spots.

so_arrullo.gif Arrullo - This skill is always instant cast and has a small AoE around it. Basically, you put players into Deep Sleep giving you an opening to prepare and cast other skills. Tip: Cast Spider Web on sleeping targets. This will not awaken them and won't give them time to escape when you awaken them with a spell or two... might I suggest waking them up with a cold blast of Diamond Dust? /gg (costs 1 Yellow Gemstone to cast. This pierces spell immunity)

pf_spiderweb.gif Spider Web - Nail your opponents to the ground with this skill! Please avoid casting Fire-type skills on a webbed target because it will cause the web to break unless you want to deal twice the amount of Fire damage to them... (Requires 1 Cobweb to cast. This pierces spell immunity)

sa_dispell.gif Dispel - Did your enemy go Berserk? Perhaps the foe is heavily buffed? No problem, cast this and watch them turn to normal color. That's if they're not wearing a GTB card...
Pro Tip: You may use this on an ally by holding Shift and clicking on the chosen ally to do a friendly Dispel. Do note that it will debuff them fully but can be very beneficial. It removes unwanted debuffs such as Guillotine Cross Poison, a mis-casted Berserk, Burning, Crystallization, Sleep, Poison etc.

mg_safetywall.gif Safety Wall - This is the skill you really need to max out because it will protect you from potential killers like the Royal Guard and Sura. Beware, this thing doesn't block Spiral Pierce... I learned that the hard way ._.

so_elemental_shield.gif Elemental Shield - An extremely underrated skill. So underrated that I bet you've never seen anyone cast this before! Elemental Shield sacrifices your cute lil' elemental buddy and TURNS HIM INTO A SAFETY WALL/PNEUMA GUARD! THAT AFFECTS YOUR WHOLE PARTY! /ene It's good to use this if you're low on health or your party gets ambushed. This is basically a panic-button skill.

pf_fogwall.gif Wall of Fog - Anti-single target skills. If you stand in the Wall of Fog, single target spells targeted to you or any other person in the WoF will have a chance to fail. You may also overlap this on Safety Wall to ensure that even if the enemy attempts to switch to ranged tactics. Nifty, huh?

so_warmer.gif Warmer - A supportive skill that heals anyone in it by a percentage and prevents them from being frozen. Simple as that. Use it often.

sa_landprotector.gif Land Protector - This skill can make or break you. If timed correctly, you can block a series of AoE skills and potentially protect you and your party mates from certain death. Warning, this thing doesn't block Dragon Breath or Arrow Storm. This skill is easily taken out with either Crazy Weed or canceled out by another Land Protector. Casting Land Protector will nullify certain ground effect skills like Warmer, Land Protector, Insigniae, Killing Cloud, Demonic Fire, Neutral Barrier, Manhole, Bloody Lust, Maelstrom etc.

mg_firewall.gif Fire Wall - Another underrated skill. Why is this useful? Well, do you notice that you don't ever get knocked back in War of Emperium or Battlegrounds? Now, stack three Fire Walls in one spot and wait for someone to walk in. A level 10 Fire Wall can have up to 14 hits in a single pillar (Fire wall casts 3 pillars). If you line them up properly and let an enemy eat the entire Fire Wall, you can hit them for 126 times and yes, that is very possible to do. Imagine you deal just a teeny-tiny amount of 3,000 damage every hit of the Fire Wall. 3,000 x 126 =  378,000... <.> Yes, that's a ton of damage. Even eating up a singe pillar already deal 126,000 damage.

pf_soulburn.gif Soul Burn - Be warned when using this skill, there is a 30% chance you Soul Burn yourself and eat all your SP. No SP means your Elementals will vanish. But on a lighter note, Soul Burn-ing a Sura will cause them to spiral into their doom as you wail on them. Potential targets of Soul Burn include Genetics, Rune Knights, other Sorcerers, Warlocks, Arch Bishops, Shadow Chasers, and Mechanics.

so_earthgrave.gif Earth Grave - Think of this as a more powerful version of Heaven's Drive and with a chance to proc. External Wounds. This will also reveal those pesky Shadow Chasers and Guillotine Crosses from Hiding and Chase Walking.

pf_hpconversion.gif Indulge - Basically converts a percentage of your HP into SP. You will be using this often since the usage of Energy Coat will consume SP every time you take a hit. Best combined when in Warmer for regeneration!

pf_soulchange.gif Soul Change - You will be using this skill often on your allies to restore their SP. Incredibly useful after someone has gone Berserk, did Asura Strike or just got his/her SP depleted. Combined with Indulge, you become a beacon of SP that will increase the survival of your team.

Thanks for reading my guide to Sorc-ing! /fsh/slur 

I would also like to thank the following people who helped me achieve this guide (directly and indirectly... mostly indirectly):
@Sanaaa, @Khaii, @Ryu Sakamoto, @Gale Windscar, @mvp_kost Challengeur, N I K, Ritsumune, The Varia Guild and all those people who reacted and corrected me in this guide! (I'm not perfect so I appreciate any form of constructed criticism in order to achieve a better guide! /thx/thx/thx 

Does pumpkin rucksack really add movement speed tho? :O

And i think you mean "switch-out" farb when against rangers and genes since farb makes you more vulnerable to neutral attacks (acid demo and warg strike) and will make you die faster

27 minutes ago, Sanaaa said:

Does pumpkin rucksack really add movement speed tho? 😮

And i think you mean "switch-out" farb when against rangers and genes since farb makes you more vulnerable to neutral attacks (acid demo and warg strike) and will make you die faster

Yeah I edited that Pumpkin Rucksack XD I was thinking of another item. (My bad :<) and yes, I'm correcting that Farb-switching. It's hard to see things when there are a lot of words floating around your screen XD

Let me add something extra's :

- Fenrir card in our server gives -60% reduce casting time.

-Both Eye of baron [1] and Hikking boots [1] can be exchanged with hunter coins. (Hunter Quest)

- You might wants to mention this skill aswell - Magic Rod - it helps blocking single magic skills.

- An improved reflect shield would be --> Link

- Wall of fog does help block long range skills too. 

-Another important skill would be "Indulge"

1. temporal boots with "running magic" wil surely drain your own sp fast. 2. Teammates (especially zerked 1.)

- Emperium Wand is only for High wizard.

- An extra super magic headgear : ->> Celine Ribbon

- Recommended extra card accesory : Smokie card (it wil help you out in so many situations such as : anti fire trap , any aeo magic except earth , close confine, mini cloak.

- Recommended extra lower headgear :Whistle --> Link . (it's a lower headgear that provide a little matk and it could save your life when you got caught by bloodlust. You might wants to auto attacking your opponents twince just to use "indulge" - need 5sp only-)

- Recommended extra lower headgear card : Cendrawasih - int is just love.

- Best movement speed is when you are on mount --< Halter lead box -- Note : can't attack or use skills  

Overall a nice detailed guide, kazalus! Keep it up!

2 hours ago, Khaii said:

Let me add something extra's :

- Fenrir card in our server gives -60% reduce casting time.

-Both Eye of baron [1] and Hikking boots [1] can be exchanged with hunter coins. (Hunter Quest)

- You might wants to mention this skill aswell - Magic Rod - it helps blocking single magic skills.

- An improved reflect shield would be --> Link

- Wall of fog does help block long range skills too. 

-Another important skill would be "Indulge"

1. temporal boots with "running magic" wil surely drain your own sp fast. 2. Teammates (especially zerked 1.)

- Emperium Wand is only for High wizard.

- An extra super magic headgear : ->> Celine Ribbon

- Recommended extra card accesory : Smokie card (it wil help you out in so many situations such as : anti fire trap , any aeo magic except earth , close confine, mini cloak.

- Recommended extra lower headgear :Whistle --> Link . (it's a lower headgear that provide a little matk and it could save your life when you got caught by bloodlust. You might wants to auto attacking your opponents twince just to use "indulge" - need 5sp only-)

- Recommended extra lower headgear card : Cendrawasih - int is just love.

- Best movement speed is when you are on mount --< Halter lead box -- Note : can't attack or use skills  

Overall a nice detailed guide, kazalus! Keep it up!

Thanks Khaiii :D I appreciate it :3

11 minutes ago, Hangul said:

Very nice guide! Also I wanna add, if you want to get a heck ton of Wind of Verdure you could always go to the gRO tool shop with a blacksmith/mechanic and buy from there :D

Hmmm now that you mention it, you can! But personally, I prefer using BG badges because it doesn't require zenny to obtain. Thanks for that btw :D 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

master kazalus i have sugestion

rather than fenrir better use lichtern or another cendrawasih or even weakened fenrir i think its a waste to use real fenrir on hat

i know the FLAT MATK bonus is high if refine lvl is high especially if you put it on Lush Rose / Celine Ribon it will be massive MATK bonus

but i think in my opinion it just a waste to that variable cast reduc bonus when used on sorc cuz we can instant cast using ventus

its 60% bro XD

better use it on WL lol

1 minute ago, mvp_kost said:

master kazalus i have sugestion

rather than fenrir better use lichtern or another cendrawasih or even weakened fenrir i think its a waste to use real fenrir on hat

i know the FLAT MATK bonus is high if refine lvl is high especially if you put it on Lush Rose / Celine Ribon it will be massive MATK bonus

but i think in my opinion it just a waste to that variable cast reduc bonus when used on sorc cuz we can instant cast using ventus

its 70% bro XD

better use it on WL lol

Good point! But the reason why I added Fenrir to the guide is because you will be using Ventus 1-Defensive more often than you use the Passive mode. Fenrir helps reduce cast time even if you aren't using the Ventus' Passive mode.

Fenrir card is also good when you're using Agni or Terra or Aqua. Basically Fenrir card allows more versatility ;)

11 minutes ago, Kazalus said:

Good point! But the reason why I added Fenrir to the guide is because you will be using Ventus 1-Defensive more often than you use the Passive mode. Fenrir helps reduce cast time even if you aren't using the Ventus' Passive mode.

Fenrir card is also good when you're using Agni or Terra or Aqua. Basically Fenrir card allows more versatility ;)

ahhh i see so you plan to combo that with isillia to reach nirvana

i guess im only thinking from PvM side also since im using Gioia so im not thinking any other element than wind

but i think in case of pure PvM especially for GMT better give it to WL in my opinion XD