GatheringRO Community

Newbie questions

Kaztor

Question

Hi everyone,

I looked around in the forum (i swear) but i have questions that still need answers.

1 : What is up with the stylist? Do I really need to type a number everytime I want to see a palette? Is there a way to preview them somehow? A picture? 

2 : What exactly am I supposed to do with Bronze coins? Bag of silver/bronze coins? Just sell them? Use them somehow? Trade them to an NPC?

3 : Where is Francisco? I cant find him. Navigation led me to an empty street with no NPC around.

Thanks in advance for your help !

14 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Kaztor said:

Hi everyone,

I looked around in the forum (i swear) but i have questions that still need answers.

1 : What is up with the stylist? Do I really need to type a number everytime I want to see a palette? Is there a way to preview them somehow? A picture? 

2 : What exactly am I supposed to do with Bronze coins? Bag of silver/bronze coins? Just sell them? Use them somehow? Trade them to an NPC?

3 : Where is Francisco? I cant find him. Navigation led me to an empty street with no NPC around.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Q1: well there is an NPC inside althea building just use Althea guide and select Stylist
Q2: been in 12 years in GRO i still dont have any Idea ( maybe sell them in NPC i guess)
Q3: IDK about Francisco 

41 minutes ago, Kaztor said:

I know where the stylist is, but i cant see the palettes. I need to hit "body dye only" and type a number everytime. In the dressing room I can only see like 4 palettes.

How to see all the palettes? 

This is an ongoing bug for months...Normally you can see all 699 colors and all 130(?idk how much) h colors.. and even the additional outfit for your character. But somehow this stylist is bugged for months. After the update it works, then small fixes and bye bye stylist..

I already had a topic abt this, and it got fixed sometimes. But wellllllll..

4 hours ago, Autumn Angel said:

No no, the server isn't dead. The gms are work pretty hard for this server. But this bug seems to be hard to fix/prevent. So just have some patience >_>

I've never been able to reproduce the bug as stated in the topic.
I've asked for specific classes which may have the issue since all classes i've been testing were working perfectly fine.
But i've never recieved any answer and didn't bother testing them all through since i it looked like an isolated issue that only affects certain players.

The topic has been closed, thus means that i do not further investigate the case.

@Kaztor
1. Which job class and gender are you having problem with when you were using the Stylist?

2. Bronze Coins can be sold to the NPC and have no actual high value or use.
3. Francisco has been relocated to althea,195,225 since the Althea map overhaul last month.
    Which navigation are you talking about? The forum guide or an ingame navigation link which we forgot to update?
    I have updated the forum guides with all new locations right now.

And welcome to GatheringRO ;)

Well about the stylist problem, I have the same issue with all my chars (RK, Bishop, Rebellion, Mechanic, Royal Guard) and my friends have the same problem too (with different classes like guillotine cross, wanderer, ...)

We downloaded the game recently. 

I'm currently working on an entirely new client, so i will test it throughout on the new client.
We should get this update pretty soon and i really hope to get this finally fixed with the new client.

In the meantime i recommend to use the following commands instead to take a look at the colors.
But i guess a picture as an overview could come it pretty handy.

@hcolor
@hstyle
@ccolor

I was able to reproduce the bug now on the current client we're using, yet wasn't able to fix it (since the data given seems to be correct).
However it was working on the new test client i'm currently working on.

So this bug should be fixed with the upcoming update.

cannotreproduce.PNG

9 hours ago, Everade said:

've never been able to reproduce the bug as stated in the topic.
I've asked for specific classes which may have the issue since all classes i've been testing were working perfectly fine.
But i've never recieved any answer and didn't bother testing them all through since i it looked like an isolated issue that only affects certain players.

Ah yes, I was never able to answer this because the topic got closed after ^^
But I did some research with friends, and all my friends were affected by all 3rd classes and any gender. No matter which 3rd class or gender~ I don't know about trans. Class and other ones, but when I used my symbol i had the same problem ^^

On 08/04/2018 at 10:42 AM, Everade said:

I was able to reproduce the bug now on the current client we're using, yet wasn't able to fix it (since the data given seems to be correct).
However it was working on the new test client i'm currently working on.

So this bug should be fixed with the upcoming update.

cannotreproduce.PNG

Mine stop at 10  i's hard to choose color ... (fullclient download 1 week ago)