GatheringRO Community

Error 0xc0000005

CiratoGamma

Question

So, I've been meaning to come back to the ragnarok world, so I decided to download a couple of private servers to remember the old times. But every server I try to download displays the error message "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). But the thing is, I downloaded the official brazillian server and it Works fine! What can I do? I'm using Windows 10 64-bits, tried disabling UAC and adding the server to the antivírus exceptions, and nothing did the trick. What can I do?

17 answers to this question

Anti Virus problem (false positive) is most likely the cause, or the anti virus software settings are extremely strict.
Try adding the GatheringRO.exe to the whitelist of your anti virus software.

Which anti virus software are you using by the way ?

It could also be a different similiar software which prevents the client from accessing certain data.

You can also add an exception directly on Windows:

1. Click Start, click Run (or type Run on Windows 10, then hit enter), type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
  2. Click the Advanced tab, click Performance, and then click Settings.
  3. In Performance Options, click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Add.
  4. In the Open dialog box, locate your GRO folder, and then choose GatheringRO.exe.
  5. Click Open, click Apply, and then click OK.

Note: You may want to restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

For more details on that, checkout our trouble shooting topic:

1 hour ago, CiratoGamma said:

So, I've been meaning to come back to the ragnarok world, so I decided to download a couple of private servers to remember the old times. But every server I try to download displays the error message "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). But the thing is, I downloaded the official brazillian server and it Works fine! What can I do? I'm using Windows 10 64-bits, tried disabling UAC and adding the server to the antivírus exceptions, and nothing did the trick. What can I do?

Did you try cleaning your registry?

1 minute ago, D e M o N said:

It's an "Access Violation Error", it has nothing to do with kRO being patched or Admin access. /desp

hey its better to try every option that is easy before moving onto something like messing with your registry. Though you know a lot more about computers that I do :P. anyways here person try this 

https://windowsreport.com/exception-access-violation-windows-10/

unless master vio says otherwise

23 minutes ago, Kaze said:

hey its better to try every option that is easy before moving onto something like messing with your registry. Though you know a lot more about computers that I do :P. anyways here person try this 

https://windowsreport.com/exception-access-violation-windows-10/

unless master vio says otherwise

Let me guess, you googled the error code and this link was showing in the first page of your search results, so you decide to post the link here?

He said he downloaded several servers and the official Brazilian Server ,which was working fine.

But GatheringRO doesn't seem to work.

What does that tell you?

7 minutes ago, D e M o N said:

He said he downloaded several servers and the official Brazilian Server ,which was working fine.

But GatheringRO doesn't seem to work.

What does that tell you?

Fairly certain he said that only the official server was working.

27 minutes ago, Kaze said:

Fairly certain he said that only the official server was working.

I should have made it clear, I was referring to the Brazilian RO only as working.

-------------------------------------------

@CiratoGamma

Was GatheringRO intalled into a new folder?

Just another thing to add, GatheringRO runs as a portable program and does not require admin access nor does it touch the registry.

The official server you downloaded does require installation (and thus touches the registry). Cleaning the registry may eliminate the error.

Thanks guys.

Right now I'm using Avast. I didn't try to clean the registry (that actually didn't even cross my mind). Already added every file on the gatheringRO install location to the whitelist. And yes, I installed it on another folder.

I'll try cleaning and add the exception directly to Windows and restart. Let's see if it Works.

I would love to help you out.
But there's nothing else that i could cover.
The error specificaly means that windows is preventing the client to run.

Adding it to the whitelist however should allow it anyways.

GatheringRO runs perfectly fine on all native Windows operating systems on default settings and 99% of all anti virus softwares (with default settings).
Please note that it might not work on an emulated or pirated windows version.

Are there any other strict security settings which might be active in some way?