GatheringRO Community

Dual during WoE: 1 Char in town, another in WoE core/castle? Allowed?

Hersheys

Question

Are we allowed to have a Merchant class or Linker class char just standing around in town (not in WoE core) during WoE? While our main class goes in WoE castles?

In essence, have 1 char only in the WoE core or WoE castle map, while the other one is just in town?

If you want,  can you even log off that main char you play in the WoE castle.. park it in town, and then use that Merchant/Linker class you had in town, prior, to go in the WoE castle to help your guild mates? And then vice-versa, ensuring you only have 1 char in the WoE core/castle map

Was hoping for direct answers instead of a quote from the forum rules btw ;p

I haven't done it myself, however, some people in-game said that this was allowed.. but I just wanted to verify

11 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Hersheys said:

Are we allowed to have a Merchant class or Linker class char just standing around in town (not in WoE core) during WoE? While our main class goes in WoE castles?

In essence, have 1 char only in the WoE core or WoE castle map, while the other one is just in town?

If you want,  can you even log off that main char you play in the WoE castle.. park it in town, and then use that Merchant/Linker class you had in town, prior, to go in the WoE castle to help your guild mates? And then vice-versa, ensuring you only have 1 char in the WoE core/castle map

Was hoping for direct answers instead of a quote from the forum rules btw ;p

I've haven't done it myself, however, some people in-game said that this was allowed.. but I just wanted to verify

I would imagine this is perfectly fine since only 1 of your characters is actually participating in WoE.

37 minutes ago, Hersheys said:

Yea, until you bring it to a WoE castle. But then you'll have to park your main in char in town instead

Oh so I think it can be in terms for example, you have Mado SD build. Then you have main woe char waiting in Althea or Woe Core map (If it will not be considered as dualing. So when there is clash, you use your mado and SD then go back to Althea/Woe core map ( again if it is not dualing if its just waiting) while waiting for cooldown.

So now you can switch back to your main WoE char and play till SD timer is up then you get out of the castle again and switch to Mado? So did I get it right for mecha?

For Linker well they are just there to link. Following this topic to be enlightened.

Short answer at the bottom if you don't bother about some indept explanation. /gawi

Let me give you the answer you've never been asking for:

The actions you're doing are not bad, but the exploits that come a long with dual clienting.
We've had a high amount of abuse in the past 2+ years from players creating 10~100 accounts (seriously) simply to exploit certain systems.
Don't get me wrong, this problem persists since gRO exists, however the problems are getting bigger due the new systems released during the past few years.

So our player base, or ourselfs due creating such systems, basically "forced" us to adapt by creating stricter rules.

GatheringRO has moved more and more into the direction of a 1 account centered game (which has been communicated over our news as well).
However slowly, and that's absolutely intended.
That also means that we've created a stronger bond between the player and his personal account, by increasing its overall value, which is a good thing.
- Legendary gear
- Account bound items overall (hate me /swt3)
- Achievements
- Character unlocks
- Account unlocks
and so on.

We've also increased the amount of rewards a player can recieve by tremendous bounds.
- Personal WoE Rewards
- Personal Boss Rewards
- Daily Logins
- Daily Quests
- Monster Invasions
- Hunting Rewards
- Battlegrounds Rewards
and so on.

A few years back we've had the problem that 1 account simply wasn't enough to satisfy the players needs.
Such as:
- Not enough character slots
- Not able to hold enough zeny
- Not able to hold enough items
and so on...

Most of these problems have already been solved.
Or at least partly.

Of course players still want to have multiple accounts.
Pubbing is a good example, although the global chat already helps a bunch to sell your goods and Pubbing most of the time already exploits the Daily Login Reward System due certain player activity if players continue to play with a normal account.
On the other hand players still want to have one or multiple merchants on in the Market Area, which is ok as long as it these accounts are not being abused for daily login rewards.

Although i've been very very accommodating until now. (Our rules are clearly against it, but i understand the player's needs and our current situation of easily allowing it with dual clienting)
Which means, NO, we've never banned nor punished anyone for pubbing nor Linking during WoE.
But we may have warned you to not do it if you were asking for it.
(The good guys'n girls)

Until now we've only punished players who were obviously abusing certain systems on purpose, over and over again. (Avoiding certain cooldowns which exist obviously for a reason)
Either by bug abusing or by using multiple accounts.
(The bad guys n' girls)

Since most players from private RO servers are extremely used to use multiple accounts, it's anything else than an easy task to teach them any different.

That's why we were moving extremly slowly (over the course of several years) into a 1 account centered game. (Yes this has been planned since a very long time)
At some point, dual clienting will be entirely restricted. (hate me again /sob would have loved to prevent this myself)

For the purpose of eliminating all major abuses and thus, reducing "crimes".

It is not our goal to destroy the game you like or maybe even love to play.
We're trying to create an enjoyable experience without the need of X accounts. (which are in >50% of all cases used for illegal actions)

Short answer:
It's forbidden and our rules clearly state it. No grey zones even though we might be accommodating /no1