GatheringRO Community

The Trading Guide

Jacce☼

Hello,

everytime i try to buy something at GRO i get the same problems. People obviously dont unterstand me.

I didnt find any other guides like that,so i just made this little guide.

There a few specific expressions:

L/N : There mostly the person just wants to buy/sell for a fixed price.Only leave your name if you agree with the price. The person will contact you later.

L/O : It means "Leave Offers". Mostly the person who wrote that is afk. So it means don´t tell the person that you have one (whatever it is), just leave YOUR offer and leave the chat. Dont ask the person about his offer, because he wants you to make an offer.

AFK: It means "Away from Keyboard". The person is not there, thus writing hello or somthing like that wont have any effects. Sometimes that is combined with L/O.

S>"..": It means that somebody sells something (Unfourtunately sometimes mixed up with S>".." = Search"..." which doesnt excist)

B>"..": That means that somebody wants to buy something.

T>"..": It means that somebody wants to trade something for another thing.

S/T>"..": That means that sell or trade is requested.

LBO : Means "Leave Best Offer". The seller or buyer tells you that he is waiting for offers and that he will accept the best offer. Mostly this runs together with the "Afk"-status.

Example:

S/T>GR for TG/Zeny (AFK, L/O)

The person wants to trade his GR Card for a TG Card or Zeny. Hes afk and you should leave your offer.

NOTHING ELSE.

The next thing is the offer-thing.

Situation:

I want to buy a Lux Hat. Surely i dont want to pay that much for a simple hat. ;)

So i sit down at the left and open a chat with "B> Luxury Hat"

A few minutes later some noob (sry) enters and says "offer".

Cause i dont want to pay that much i say "400m". Of course its not the market price, but that is how it goes.

The normal noob just writes "aw" and leaves.

guidel.jpg

THATS COMPLETLY WRONG!!

An OFFER is an OFFER. Its not a decided target, its just an OFFER..

It should be like this:

The persons which wants to sell me a Lux Hat enters and says "offer".

Like above i say "400m". The other person gives his offer like "800m".

Because i want the Lux hat, and he wants to sell his we need to find the middle.

Me: 500m

Him: 700m

Me : 600m

Him: Ok :)

Me: Trade.

So we just found the midway and both are absoluty satisfied. :D

I didnt pay 800m for the lux and he didnt get only 400m for his Lux.

guide2v.jpg

Sadly thats only an utopia.

The next thing is RUSH:

Look Here (good guide)

ShadesOfSolomon's quick guide to RUSH pricing

The MvP-Shortnames and other Shortnames:

Yeah the shortnames are another problem. Here is a very very good list. ♥

MVP CARDS, special infos about MVP CARDS :D

This one too:

Guide to Shortforms., Shortforms HEADACHEEE

So that´s it. If you have any suggestions just leave them.

[i have to apologize for my bad english. So if there are any huge faults, just tell me and i will correct them.]

EDIT: Addet L/N & corrected some faults.

EDIT: Addet BO & more corrects^^^

EDIT: Images again =)

yeas i hate that stupid hat, cause it looks like a shopping bag on your hat. :D Thats a fact.

I agree so much. o_o!

It looks like it's made out of recycled paper [hence the materials required for it].

Anyways, nice guide. :3

Interesting how some people just don't understand the word "offer" though.

It's like when you leave your chat open saying L/O the people are like "how much?" >_>;

It kind of makes me wonder why they don't look for a chat with a set price... Ah well. o: Everyone perceives "L/O" differently but maybe this guide cleared that up a bit.

I agree so much. o_o!

It looks like it's made out of recycled paper [hence the materials required for it].

Anyways, nice guide. :3

Interesting how some people just don't understand the word "offer" though.

It's like when you leave your chat open saying L/O the people are like "how much?" >_>;

It kind of makes me wonder why they don't look for a chat with a set price... Ah well. o: Everyone perceives "L/O" differently but maybe this guide cleared that up a bit.

To be fair, a lot of people ask for offers in a L/O chat because the sellers themselves don't understand the terminology. Typical exchange:

Chat: S> OH L/O

Buyer: 900m

Seller: LOL noob GTFO

Not to mention the vast number of 'L/O NO NOOBS' chats around Pront.

Nobody particularly wants to deal with that kind of thing, so they simply ask for the seller's price even when the chat stipulates otherwise.

Which leads to another general principle: be polite, FFS. As a buyer, I'm much more inclined to be a little flexible with my offer if you, as the seller, demonstrate a modicum of civility, and as a seller, you entering my chat to tell me that I'm overpriced, or that my item 'isn't really that good anyway' isn't exactly going to convince me to come up with a better offer.

Common courtesy goes a long way. Learn some.

Well mostly, those people who got those pub with L/O No Noobs are some pinoys who are greedy just to get much stuffs..

And sadly, it is becoming a trend by some people..

@ ShadesofSolomon

Hats off to you dude.. Hope more people could be like you regarding being polite in trading stuffs..

I think a few of you missunterstood what i wanted to say. If somebody wants to sell something he surely will refer to a higher price because the people are just greedy like you all said and i completly agree with you.

But players which play a bit longer know that they cant claim the prices the want everytime. Lets take an other example :) We get back to the Lux Hat i wanted to buy. I think many of you know Pirna who is playing really long on this server (far far befor the wipe). He wanted to sell me his Lux and offered it to me for 880m. But i only wanted to buy it for 400m (like the idea of paying such little money for it *_*) Because we both know that none of us will respond to that offer we have to change our idea of the price. We discussed a bit and finally we got to an acceptable price of 650m. Thats totally ok for both.

If somebody doesnt change his idea of price every time thats just unfair and noobish (sry). Every Pro (?!) knows that the trade lives on offer and demand.

Dont be greedy!

And..

if somebody calls another person a noob hes himself the bigger noob.

Then again, sellers have every right to not lower their prices in that example shown in your guide. But that would be kind of stupid, considering that they *want* to sell their item.

Thank you for unterstanding, i completly agree with you. :)

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to bump this guide as I'm still kind of disappointed in how some players have no idea in business conduct.

Imagine my frustration when I left a pub open for half a day with the particular words "LEAVE OFFER", and the only replies I get are "offer PM me" from three people. I feel like bursting out in anger at these people, but I dont wanna be warned for harassment.

Pfft.

I hope I'm not necroposting. But I just think this guide is important.

I don't think it's necroposting, more like bumping for great justice.

LOL. Yeah, another example why I bumped this was, I left a pub open, someone came in and spammed "how much?"

I offered. Then he replied with a "no way" and left immediately.

Shit! WTF was that?

This is where the filipino term 'bastos' comes in. :angry:

• 4 months later...