GatheringRO Community

The Poor Wizzies Guide

Fugue

Welllll I've been wanting to attempt this...and I haven't spent much time searching for another possible guide about wizzies....but anyways I hope you like it and it helps those aspiring High Wiz people :)

I did mention that this was a poor wizzies guide...but to me poor is having at least 500 mil to your name at least once in game...Most of the stuff I list here I hunted myself (with the exception of the skeggiold hat).

In each category I'll list possible high price stuff where I can think of it for you crazy peeps with lots of cash.

O! and I almost forgot. this can be used for PVP AND regular maps :3

Head-Upper:

+4 Skeggiold Hat [1]

Marduk card

The Skeggiold hat increases your MATK by 15% and decreases your regular ATK by 15%.

The Marduk card gives you immunity to the Silence status.

Head-Mid:

+4 Nebula Aura [1] OR Sunglasses [1]

Maya Purple card

The Nebula Aura adds +18 MDEF and casts Kyrie Eleison Lv.1 at a 0.1% chance.

The Sunglasses add a 5% resistance against blind.

The Maya Purple card allows you to see hidden people and monsters.

Head-Lower:

+4 Nebula Aura [1] OR Gentleman's Pipe

Usually Lower Headgears don't have slots for cards

The Gentleman's Pipe adds a 2% resistance against Demi-Human monsters.

(I use +7 stuff so yeah....of course, you can always attempt to find +10 stuff. I only added refine rates seeing as how those people MOST of the time without Donation Valkyrie Helms don't have MVP cards, and Wizzies have low defense as it is already)

Armor:

+7 Glittering Jacket [1] OR Valkyrie's Armor [1]

Marc card, Agav card OR Frus card

The Glittering Jacket adds +5 MDEF and casts the Blind status at a 3% chance.

Valkyrie's Armor is indestructible and adds +1 to all stats. Also, since you are a mage class, it adds a 50% resistance against silence.

The Marc card protects from freezing and adds a 5% resistance against water property.

The Agav card adds +5% MATK, but it reduces your DEF by -10, and adds 100 SP if you're Mage class.

The Frus card reflects single target magic back at a caster by 2x the refine chance (for me thats 14% or 20% at +10) and adds +3 MDEF if you're Mage class.

Weapon:

+10 Lich's Bone Wand [2]

Laurell Weinder card, Hill Wind card

The Lich's Bone Wand adds a +20% MATK, +1 INT, and +1 DEX. On refine rates of 9~10, you receive bonus +3% MATK, and +300 maximum SP. Also, when you take physical damage there's a chance it can Curse everyone on screen, and the chance increases with a high refine rate.

The Laurell Weinder card allows you to inflict 3% more damage with Frost Nova and Storm Gust.

The Hill Wind card allows you to inflict 5% more damage with Thunder Storm, Jupitel Thunder, and Lord of Vermillion. BOTH of these cards drain -50 SP when you un-equip your weapon.

Shield:

+7 Orlean's Server [1]

Thara Frog card OR Maya card

The Orlean's Server adds a reflect of ALL magic back to it's caster at a 5% chance (yes, this includes AoE skills), and adds a +2 MDEF. Also, if it's paired with the Orlean's Gloves, it reduces casting time by 10%.

The Thara Frog card reduces damage taken by Demi-Human monsters by 30%.

The Maya card reflects single target magic back at it's caster at a 50% chance.

Garment:

+7 Wool Scarf [1]

Raydric card, Salamander card, OR Deviling card

The Wool Scarf adds +4 MDEF and can be paired with the Tidal Shoes.

The Raydric card adds a 20% resistance to Neutral attacks (Sacrifice, Asura Strike, Sonic Blow).

The Salamander card adds +40% damage with Fire Pillar and Meteor Storm.

The Deviling card adds a 50% resistance against Neutral property attacks (Sacrifice, Asura Strike, Sonic Blow once again), but makes you take 50% more damage from other attacks (Magic).

Shoes:

+7 Tidal Shoes [1] OR +7 High Quality Sandals [1]

Cat o' Nine Tails card, Green Ferus card, Matyr Card, Zombie Slaughter card, OR Amon Ra card

The Tidal Shoes add resistance to water property attacks by 5%. When paired with the Wool Scarf, they increase HP recovery by 5% and add an additional 10% HP.

The High Quality Sandals add +10 MDEF.

The Cat o' Nine Tails card reflects single target magic back at it's caster at a 5% chance and adds a +3 MDEF.

The Green Ferus card adds +10% HP and +1 VIT.

The Matyr card, on the other hand, adds +10% HP but +1 AGI.

The Zombie Slaughter card allows you to recover 50 HP when killing a monster, and increases physical and magical damage on DemiHuman monsters by 1% (It's part of a combo).

The Amon Ra card adds +1 to all stats. It also comes with a base chance of casting Kyrie Eleison Lv. 10 at 3%. But more useful than that, with INT>99 it'll cast at 10% chance.

Accessory 1:

Orlean's Gloves [1]

Imp card, Errende Ebecee card, OR Ragged Zombie card (+ Zombie Slaughter combo)

The Orlean's Gloves add +3% MATK and +2 DEX.

The Imp card reduces the casting time of Fire Bolt by 25% and increases damage of Fire Bolt by 25%.

The Errende Ebecee card casts Lv.1 Pneuma at a 5% chance when you receive physical damage. Great for long distance attackers.

The Ragged Zombie card increases physical and magical damage by 1% and adds +5 critical rate to DemiHuman monsters, and when paired with the Zombie Slaughter card, you gain 2 SP for killing a DemiHuman monster (xD). I listed this combo because with each attack there is a small chance to cause External Bleeding to your enemy.

Accessory 2:

Orlean's Gloves [1]

Imp card, Shinobi card, OR Smokie card

Personally, I don't recommend the Shinobi card. True, you can cloak (and therefore you have movement), but you can still be seen by those Maya Purple users. And in cloaking mode, I noticed its much easier to get hit with Meteor Assault or Magnum Break. I have so much flee that with Hiding, I can stand a better chance of surviving longer, but this guide was meant as a rough reference for possibilities, therefore I'll list it.

The Smokie card allows use of Lv. 1 Hiding...which means you can hide from other players for about 30 seconds and not receive damage from AoE skills (except for Heaven's Drive). LOL I use a variation of Grimtooth, except its Frost Diver tooth xD.

Credits: Voda, Winter Winds, Marine, LegendaryDarkKnight, & Yuki for their help and suggestions

Coming Soon:

Skill List

Elementals Lesson

Status Build

Item Locations

Item Price Ranges

Some Pictures

EDIT:IVE sorta become bored with Wiz class. I've moved on to Scholar. If you want updates, just PM me, the more the better.

Thanks for this guide^^

Can you tell me where I can find a Skeggiold Hat though? :P

From Skeggiolds. They used to drop at 10%, but right now it's only 0.01%.

Head-Upper:

+4 Skeggiold Hat [1]

I have no clue what card to put here /sigh

-The Skeggiold hat increases your MATK by 15% and decreases your regular ATK by 15%.-

You can try Madruk. It's a cheap alternative and very useful.

Armor:

+7 Glittering Jacket [1]

Marc card, Agav card, Frus card OR Maya card

-The Glittering Jacket adds +5 MDEF and casts the Blind status at a 3% chance. The Marc card protects from freezing and adds a 5% resistance against water property. The Agav card adds +5% MATK, but it reduces your DEF by -10, and adds 100 SP if you're Mage class. The Frus card reflects single target magic back at a caster by 2x the refine chance (for me thats 14% or 20% at +10) and adds +3 MDEF if you're Mage class. The Maya card reflects single target magic back at it's caster at a 50% chance-

Maya is to be slotted on Shields.

Shoes:

+7 High Quality Sandals [1]

Cat' o Nine Tails card, OR Zombie Slaughter card

-The High Quality Sandals add +10 MDEF. The Cat' o Nine Tails card reflects single target magic back at it's caster at a 5% chance and adds a +3 MDEF. The Zombie Slaughter card allows you to recover 50 HP when killing a monster, and increases physical and magical damage on DemiHuman monsters by 1% (It's part of a combo)-

Wizards have low HP, so in my opinion, you should use a Wool Scarf+Tidal Shoes combo for the 10% HP boost. Afterwards slot a Green Ferus card for the extra 10%.

Totals to +20% HP.

How about a Marduk card on the Skeggiold hat? It blocks Silence, so you'll never be silenced~!

Also, Valkyrie Shoes are only 10 to 20mil, and that's less then the Skeggiold hat. Also, they add a nice HP boost for us Mages.. they've got more defense then those sandals AND they're slotted.

The Matyr card could be good for them if you want more HP. Another 10% boost!

A suggestion for cards on weapon would be Laurel Winder ( Sorry, forgot the spelling ) which boosts storm gust damage or hill wind card which boosts jupitel thunder damage

Well I want to point out that I'm using those cards ROFL and that last night at around 1 AM I couldn't remember those names (although in my sleep I remembered the Hill Wind one because it took me a while to find it)

@marine and voda

Thanks for the Marduk suggestion, I'll be sure to put it in

@voda

WHOOPS maya goes in shield :rolleyes:

@legendary

This card only activates if ur next to the wall...at least thats what it says, and I've never tried it, but my experience with Shadow Walks (shoes) are they basically have the same effect, and they gave me cloaked status but monsters could still see me /wah......anyone confirm this for me?

I'll be sure to fix some stuff right now

I didn't add HP boosters because with the 200 VIT I didn't see much difference, but I'll add em :)

And all of my stuff was based on MATK-MDEF gain...

EDIT: Updated the list and made it easier to read. A big thanks to everyone who helped, I added some people in credits!

Might wanna revise your VIT though, 200 Vit makes you cannon fodder for Thanatos users

thats very true but dont wizzies have that safety wall skill ? i see proffs use it all the time agaisnt sinx and palis and dude does it help alot :o its mostly about their timing. so i was thinking if proffs can pull it off then wizzies can too right :huh: + add that energy coat thing that reduces physical dmg that seems like a good -% of dmg + defence

edit: let me add, using + whatever stuff is not such a good idea. the more refined the armor (whatever gear is) the more def u get and the more vulnerable u become to thanatos card. So i'd go for just plain woolf scarf (example) and so on, also nebula uses mid and low section so u have to choose between neb and g pipe :lol: btw also a nice tip for defence, once u have enough for it u cold afford an Amon Ra card =D think about it +1 stat to all and if u got int above 99 (which im sure u do) u get a nice 10% chance of kyrie on urself which boosts ur defence by alot, sum it all up ! kyrie + safety wall + energy coat =total of 20 hits covered, sweet, + dmg reduction ones it goes away ! but im sure that by this time ull cast safety wall on again and bom ubber defence oh also using shinobi card would seem like a great idea too ! so maybe orleans glove + shinobi card ftw (more def strategy)

another thought just came to mind lol (edit again) imagine this, sinx/lk whatever class against u. u keep casting safety wall and his/her hits wont hit u (sinx case) they cast meteor assault and still wont hit u but then they use soul breaker ! i think it be wise to have a pneuma card just for that the anti arrow thing

Safety wall works nicely for Pallies (Especially in WoE, if the pally is alone and he can't use berries. :P) As for the Energy Coat, it's damage reduction is very nice, but just be careful with your SP if you're using it since most of peoples here got 195 ASPD. Amon Ra card is a must for wizzies for teh L337 Kyrie (I think, duh :unsure:.) The Errende Ebecee card works if you got hit by ranged attacks, so I think Meteor Assault won't activate the card.

And uh, I know for a thing that you can reduce your def by half by equipping Grimtooth (the dagger one.) :P

Safety wall works nicely for Pallies (Especially in WoE, if the pally is alone and he can't use berries. :P) As for the Energy Coat, it's damage reduction is very nice, but just be careful with your SP if you're using it since most of peoples here got 195 ASPD. Amon Ra card is a must for wizzies for teh L337 Kyrie (I think, duh :unsure:.) The Errende Ebecee card works if you got hit by ranged attacks, so I think Meteor Assault won't activate the card.

And uh, I know for a thing that you can reduce your def by half by equipping Grimtooth (the dagger one.) :P

doesnt the card description say when u reciece physical dmg ? so wouldnt either long range or close make anti arrow activate at 5% chance?

@legendary

OOO should try the grimtooth....that might work nicely!

@yui

yeah the card says physical damage, so any physical damage attack should work (some baby archer kept killing me and i was gonnnnnnna get this card)