GatheringRO Community

An alternative to the lame GTB card

Aoshi-sama

This is to prove the GTB users out their that there is an alternative to that card. :lol:

THE ITEMS

CARDS

CAT O' NINE TAILS 1307.gif

Description: Reflect single target Magic back at the caster (Success Chance 5%). MDEF + 3

Class: Footgear

Monster found in: gld_dun01 (3) / pay_dun04 (1)

FRUS 1753.gif

Description: Reflect single target Magic back at the caster by 2 times the refine rate chance.(That's 20% if your armor is +10) Mage classes gain additional MDEF + 3

Class: Armor

Monster found in: odin_tem01 (5) / odin_tem02 (30) / odin_tem03 (4)

MAYA 1147.gif

Description: Reflect single target attack Magic back at the caster (Success Chance 50%).

Class: Shield

Monster found in: anthell02 (1) / gld_dun03 (1)

SHIELDS

ORLEAN'S PLATE 2123.gif

Description: A large round iron plate that seems to be used for carrying food, polished so much it shines. Reflect of all Magical Damage back to the enemy which inflicted it (Success Chance 5%). MDEF + 2 And if u equip it with Orlean's gloves u get the bonus of 10% reduced cast time.

Applicable jobs: Every rebirth job except High Novice

Dropped by: 1737.gif Aliza

Monster found in: kh_dun01 (45) / kh_dun02 (10) / kh_kiehl01 (1)

PLATINUM SHIELD 2122.gif

Description: A shield smelted purely from platinum, known for its difficulty in refining. Its great reflective surface is said to be able to return magic to its caster. Reduces damage taken from Medium / Large-sized monsters by 15%. Reduces damage taken from Undead type monsters by 10%. This effect stacks if the Undead monster also happens to be Medium or Large. Whenever you receive a Magical Damage there is small chance to reflect all offensive magic against you at 40% chance for 2 seconds. MDEF + 5

Applicable jobs: Every rebirth job except High Novice

Dropped by: 1829.gif Sword Guardian

Monster found in: thor_v01 (5) / thor_v02 (1) / thor_v03 (5)

Now I hope that tis guide will make people think twice before using GTB. If u use all three the cards and the orleans plate (prefer orleans since it has a slot) you can reflect with 80% chance back single target magic skills and 5% AoE (like Storm Gust, etc) back to it's caster. Personally I prefer this over GTB, not only cause it gives the caster classes a fighting chance, but also cause u can see them getting self owned by killing themselfs with their magic. ^^

Gtb is for woe or defence against gangers type card. Its lame when used for an aggresion though.

Yes, but sadly not everyone uses it solemly for that. Just wanna show those ppl that their are other ways of fighting the caster classes. ^^

well that wont be happening since every noob loves his GTB

i wanted to play a prof or a wizard in pvp but since this server is FLOODED with GTB cards its impossible

thanks for taking out an entire job plus his second jobs and advanced jobs all hail to the balancing :lol:

Your pictures aren't showing up.

Either way, this helps cause I hate it when I just get beat to a bloody pulp by a JT spamming mage.

Ty and Chaoz, I have no trouble with the pictures. Maybe it's your internetconnection or browser. :huh::blink: Ive asked someone else to check and he can see em, so I think it's just you. ^^

It's giving me the RateMyServer.net picture. Trying uploading the pictures on imageshack.

Odd, Does anyone else have this problem?

EDIt: I know what's the problem. Are you using Internet explorer? Cause I use Firefox and don't have that problem. But When I open the page in Internet explorer I don't see the pics. Try Firefox. XD

OK, uploaded the image files on photobucket. ^^

@Chantalo & kidwhoskates: lol, the whole point of this guide is to show ppl that there are alternatives to the GTB card, since GTB isn't fair when facing caster classes. Atleast the caster type have a fighting chance. It's so lame to use it against casters. -_- But that's just my point of view. I'm just showing ppl that if they wanna figh fair and square, this is a nice alternative to GTB.

@Chantalo: You do the same when fighting a sac pallie and an asu champ. You switch to gr armor and devi garment. So why not a set agaist caster types? Same thing. ^^

OK, uploaded the image files on photobucket. ^^

@Chantalo & kidwhoskates: lol, the whole point of this guide is to show ppl that there are alternatives to the GTB card, since GTB isn't fair when facing caster classes. Atleast the caster type have a fighting chance. It's so lame to use it against casters. -_- But that's just my point of view. I'm just showing ppl that if they wanna figh fair and square, this is a nice alternative to GTB.

@Chantalo: You do the same when fighting a sac pallie and an asu champ. You switch to gr armor and devi garment. So why not a set agaist caster types? Same thing. ^^

Or you could simply say it's an alternative to those who DON'T own a GTB because their too POOR. I just invented another reason for this guide to exist.

Or you could simply say it's an alternative to those who DON'T own a GTB because their too POOR. I just invented another reason for this guide to exist.

lol, the point is to show to those that HAVE a GTB to use these instead of their GTB. ^^

Well everyone should just use GTB, then people would start complaining. When we get enough complaints, maybe they'll start changing things. I think they should change it to like GRB -90% only. But then again, most people use it against people that coma's or people that freezes and those yggers who one hit ygg bombs you when you are on ED.

In a normal pvp scenario you wont be facing just one caster; there'll be other classes too so this isn't very practical...

In a duel? Sure. I'd very much rather use maya, etc against a caster. Shit's fun. But only practical in that case.