GatheringRO Community

Toads Class Information Guide

Toad

Toads Class Information Guide

The Information About Class

To be honost, there is no BEST class per say. Every class, male and female have there own class to be good with in there own special way. Some think paladins are the best class of all, with there great amount of hp and sacrifical damage. Champion can be good, with there one hit asura attack. Assasins, uber stealthing abilities and poisoning attacks. As you can see, every class can have his specials. This guide is about me, explaining every class in a wall 'o' text.

Enjoy

Ill will just be talking about the transcending classes and the new extended classes. Also, I have not been some classes. If you want to add something or change some of my guide, copy and paste MY text and change it. Please don't make your own. I just want all additions added to this guide.

Lord Knight

- Have not been this class -

Lord Knights. Most people choose them for there speed and huge damage. Lord Knights can ride a monster, called Peco Peco. That monster impoves there amount of speed by a lot. Which is really powerfull, they can attack from these monsters and don't have to mount off off it. Most Lord Knight and Knight skills have inproved spear speed and splash damage. They can also go on a berserk with a skill, wich increases damage, triples you health points and ups speed alot (Might not work, most of the Lord Knights already have full attack speed), but it also has some downsides. The downside is, if you go berserk, you get muted. With muted, I mean, you can't talk at all and only open a chat room. (You can't talk in the chat room either)

High Wizards

- Have been this class (only mage, didn't want to reborn, it was just for looting items) -

High Wizard. One of the best magic classes. High Wizard is mostly made for AOEs. Area of Effect spells. Spells that do damage over a large area. Besides that, they can do a lot of damage in just a few seconds and they are great for both PVE, PVP and WOE. Tactical, but shit loads of damage. Thats not its. The High Wizard has one downside here, the existence of the Goldern Thief Bug Card. Here is a quote from ratemyserver.net: PS: Its a 100% block rate.

Nullify all magic spells, including supportive skills, that target the owner at the cost of doubling SP Consumption cost when using skills.

Sniper

- Have been this class -

Sniper. The distance arrow and bow class. Snipers are great for damage, but not only that. They can attack from a big distance with there bow and arrow. Also, they can tame a Falcon, to help them in their adventures. Which is, ofcourse not everything what a Sniper can. A sniper can also lay a viriation of traps. Freeze trap, Ankle snare, Blast Mine, Clay more and many more. These traps can be really helpfull stoping your enemies from coming near you.

WhiteSmith

- Have been this class -

WhiteSmith. The weapon maker, refiner and great damage doing class. Whitesmiths have the speed and the damage, in addition, they refine items at a big rate. The bad side of the whitesmith, you are using some zeny skill for a huge amount of damange. A lot of zeny. I think I wasted 10m on leveling. None the less, the whitesmith can also break peoples armors and weapons, with a buff skill they can do.

Assasin

- Have not been this class (I think male assasins are fugly and weak) -

Assasin. Stealthing and Toxic class. Assasins are, I think, the most played class on gathering RO. They have a fast stealth to suprise there enemies, use 2 daggers or one katar to attack them and in addition, they add a toxic/poisenous waste to there weapons to make there enemies more vital to attacks. What makes assasin so strong, is that poison always do loads of additional damage and with daggers, you can have eight slots, usable for cards.

High Priest

- Have been this class -

High Priest. The Support Class. Also known as the main healer of the ame. The priest is one of the few support classes. They can heal their friends or party members and have a large array of buff spells as well. What more to tell about this class? Owh yeah, they are not only support. Most people think Hight Priest only support, but to PVE, they are pretty good. Okey, not that good, because most of there attack are only for Undead monsters. A must have for every party.

Paladin

Paladins. Epic Tankers. Paladins are most known for there great amount of health points and huge amount of damage. They have a skill hat's called Sacrifice. They can sacrifice their own Health, to deal a huge amount of damage to there enemies. In adition, they also have a peco peco to ride on. But thats not the only thing paladins can do, they make holy crosses to kill demons particulary well. It's always a good buddy to go with you on an MvP hunt or to the PvP arenas.

Scholar - Professors

By - Einherjar - My brother

A proffessor comes from the mages side. They rely most of the time on there magic, but that doesn't mean that they can only do magic. Proffessors do come from the mages side, but they very different magic attack. For example, they can make a spider web, where you will will be frozen on your postion, until its gone or double cast a bolt. Proffessors don't only do magic attacks, it is the best, but they can also be a good melee class. They don't have that much health, but if you buy a Book of Death (about 500m, most of the time used for coma), they can automaticly cast bolts. So, bolts + coma is a good build you can go for.

Creator - Biochemist

By - Einherjar -

A creator, or sometimes called, biochemist, is more of a potion god. They have skills, wich they can make potions with. Not only potions to drink, but also to attack or help your party/guild members. They can make big fires, very handy for woe, they can protect their party/guild members with a special skill called, "Full Chemical Protection" or spam acid demonstration, which does a lot of damge. Acid Demonstration most of the time is the main attack of a creator, since a Humonculus or normal attacking on your creator on a high rate server, is not that effective. When you are doing Acid Demonstration, you can easily break the enemies equipment.

Minstrel - Gyspy

If you want to make some music, you must be this class. Minstrel and Gypsy hace actually been made to connect to each other, but this is not really true. If they are next to each other, they can make wonderful songs, but also alone, they have various of songs to play on there own. Thats not the only things Minstrels and Gyspies can do. Some skills use arrows to attack in a devistating way, the enemy will die in seconds, if you do it right. Minstrels are also called Clown, for there curious way to make people laugh. They have a skill, which will randomly say sentences, to make people freeze in ice and let the Minstrel just walk pas his enemies or destroy them with that devistating blow. For gypsys, that freeze skill is a little bit different. The Gypsy stuns there enemies and doesn't freezes them.

Stalker

Ghosts. Stalkers can go in stealth, without a skill can ever see them. That really comes in handy, when you are using the Strip skill. The Strip skill will strip your enemies, from top to bottom (Weapon, Headgear, Armor and Garment) and can kill there enemies easility, without any harm to them. If the stalker is attack, it could be from range. The stalker comes from the Thief class and can wear a Rogue bow (Available at the Mall). Both ways, Bow and arrow or Dagger and Shield could be good. Its just the way you want to play your stalker, but we are not finished yet. Stalkers can also be a mage. They have a skill, which saves anothers skill casted on them. The saved skill will now be able to be casted, from the skill menu.

Champions

- Have only be a monk, for the looks -

Champions are coming from the Class Acolyte. If you are an Acolyte, you can choose between two classes. Monk eventually becomes a Champion or a Priest, which becomes a Hight Priest. Champions are most known for there skill, Asura. Asura is a one hit attack, which effect with a major health loss to your enemy. You can't just do this skill. It uses 5 Spirit Spheres and the skill Fury. To the skill Fury, you need again 5 Spirit Pheres. Not that this is the only thing a Champion can do. Champion use Knuckle weapons. If they attack, they can attack normally and in addition, a skill called, Raging Tripple Blow. If you attack, you have a chance do additional damage three times. Those Spirit Spheres we talked about, it not only used for Fury and Asura strike. If you summoned a spirit phere, you can throw them at your enemy. All 5 after each other, or one at the time.

Possibly the worst guide I have ever seen on any subject. I suggest you actually play all classes before making a "guide" (lol) about them. Usually when someone makes a tutorial, it contains relevant and usefull information, not shotty personal observations. I actually took the time to read this "guide" (lol) and I want those 3 minutes of my time back, I feel cheated. Instead of trying to make usefull guides, go ahead and make a tutorial on "How to spam a forum with pointless information." I'm sure that guide will be quite well done.

Possibly the worst guide I have ever seen on any subject. I suggest you actually play all classes before making a "guide" (lol) about them. Usually when someone makes a tutorial, it contains relevant and usefull information, not shotty personal observations. I actually took the time to read this "guide" (lol) and I want those 3 minutes of my time back, I feel cheated. Instead of trying to make usefull guides, go ahead and make a tutorial on "How to spam a forum with pointless information." I'm sure that guide will be quite well done.

Well, sorry to interupt you here, but this is just a information class guide and not some OMG MY PERSONAL OPINION BLEH CLASS GUIDE. I could just "copypasta" some information about each class, but I want to write it in my own words on what they can do. If I haven't been a certain class. I might forget something about them. Don't freak out so much, I am actually making guides to help other people, if you don't like it, I don't care.

Did you actually read the topic title? It says, Information Guide. This is just a small guide for people who don't really know what to pick. Also, why should I play every class to know how they are working? I could just "copypasta" what Lord Knight could do and he is capable of. These are just shots for personal oberservations. How could that be if I have never even played that class? As I said, its just some information about the class, not "OMG PLAY THIS CLASS UBER OWNAGE SHIT".

uh...what? I reread your post a couple times, but I still don't quite understand what you mean. I thought this was supposed to be an "uber 1337 class guide" or something? How can you write an uber 1337 class guide when you've only played, let's see...3 out of the 12 classes you've written about?

Or are you saying that you know enough about the class to write a small guide about it without having ever played it? Because...that defense is a little weak. To name a couple specifics, you mention nothing at all about FCP or acid demonstration in the Creator section...and those are by far their two most useful skills. Some other stuff that you should look over again:

• Knights- "They can also go on a berserk with a skill, wich increases damage and speed alot, but it also has some downsides." - on a HR server, aspd is hardly a benefit of frenzy, since most melees have max aspd already. You should mention that it triples HP and you're completely muted while under this irreversible effect.
  • Snipers - mention trapping
  • SinX - "they add a toxic/poisenous waste to there weapons to make there enemies become lethal zombies." - ...lethal...zombies? If this is a metaphor, you might consider removing it, since if this is supposed to be a guide for newbies who can't pick a class, it might confuse them. Nothing about EDP turns your enemy undead, zombie-ish, or lethal.
  • SinX - "What makes assasin so strong, is that poison always do loads of additional damage" - not true
  • Prof - instead of spending half the paragraph talking about playing around with Abracadabra, you might want to mention their more useful skills, such as Land Protector, the weapon endows, sp-replenishing powers (godly in HR and LR servers), and their overall status as the magic, anti-magic class.
  • Creator - like I already said, acid demo and FCP.
  • Clown/Gypsy - "Minstrel and Gypsy have both been made to connect to each other. If they are next to each other, they can make wonderful songs, with some skills." - this might falsely make some newbies assume that they need a partner. This isn't true. Most solo songs are far more beneficial than duets. And if you're going to mention frost joke, you might as well mention its gypsy-equivalent: dazzler/scream, which stuns instead of freezes.
  • Stalker - "This could be on their side, but most stalkers use a dagger and a shield." Do they?
  • Stalker - "The weird thing is though, stalkers can also be a mage. They have a skill, which saves anothers skill casted on them. The saved skill will now be able to be casted, from the skill menu." - this bit of critique is true for the whole guide actually: replace "they have a skill" with the actual skill name. It'll serve to clarify the situation for newbies, so they can actually ask about or look up the skill you're talking about, and it'll lend you credibility...because talking around the name of the skill makes it seem like you, 1. don't know it, 2. are too lazy to look it up even though its for a guide you're writing. Neither of which, I hope, are true.
  • Champ - You got all the trans classes...except champ. Why don't asura noobs get any love?

Final suggestions/requests/constructive criticisms:

1. Be more clear about what kind of guide this is. That helps your audience understand what to expect. Is this a thorough "uber 1337 class guide" or is it "a small guide for people who don't really know what to pick." Name your topic for what it is.

2. "If you want to add something or change some of my guide, copy and paste MY text and change it. Please don't make your own. I just want all additions added to this guide." - This is asking too much. If you want people to go through so much trouble to contribute something to your guide, get a co-writer, and then bring at least as much to the table as your co-writer. Because to be perfectly honest, I'm not impressed with the information here. I would say it's less than what the average player knows about each of these classes, and that kind of guide doesn't help many. I went through and picked out a few glaring points, but the framework you've set down simply isn't enough to work with. Most people would be better served starting from scratch and writing their own class guides, rather than adding to yours and having you edit their info in, since your pool of knowledge will probably be much less than theirs.

3. I know gRO is an international server and English might not be your main language. If it isn't, run your guide through Microsoft Word or some other word processor really quick. It'll likely pick up many small typos here and there, and some grammatical trip ups (i.e. "there" when you mean to say "their") No, it doesn't make your guide illegible, but as you seem to want to set yourself up as the authority on guide-writing, with your multitude of guides and guides on writing guides...I would think you'd want to set the best example possible, and that means taking the care to reread your writing to catch your typos, or putting in a little more effort than the average person to make sure your guides set a standard.

EDIT:

Well, sorry to interupt you here, but this is just a information class guide and not some OMG MY PERSONAL OPINION BLEH CLASS GUIDE. I could just "copypasta" some information about each class, but I want to write it in my own words on what they can do. If I haven't been a certain class. I might forget something about them. Don't freak out so much, I am actually making guides to help other people, if you don't like it, I don't care.

Ok, since you edited your post, it makes a little more sense, although it's a little ruder. All I have (in addition) to say to this is, writing things in your own words is good. Just make sure that your version isn't missing some key information, i.e. not mentioning ANYTHING about AD or FCP in creators...that's a pretty blatant oversight, since even most people who have never played the class know these two basic, basic components and their importance. It's not a matter of whether someone LIKES the guide. It's a matter of whether it contains a USEFUL amount of information...and to me, it's not there yet. I guess my standard is, if you can learn more thorough and key info about a class from the iRO's char guide site (link) which is written much more legibly, and prettier to the eye, I'd rather point people there than here.

I said, because I did not play every class, how can I know everything about every class? If I miss typed something or if something is wrong, you could edit it. Ill edit it when I am home.

PS: I haven't checked those Creator and Professor text. It has been made by my brother and he is always to enthousiastic about his abracadabra and humoncules skills. He never talks about the real pvping and woe.

I just want to make guides for the community and opinions can be made. Why are you guys so upset about this? I mean, I ain't god. >_< I want to apologize if I did something wrong.

I said, because I did not play every class, how can I know everything about every class? If I miss typed something or if something is wrong, you could edit it. Ill edit it when I am home.

PS: I haven't checked those Creator and Professor text. It has been made by my brother and he is always to enthousiastic about his abracadabra and humoncules skills. He never talks about the real pvping and woe.

I just want to make guides for the community and opinions can be made. Why are you guys so upset about this? I mean, I ain't god. >_< I want to apologize if I did something wrong.

No one knows everything about every class. No one expects anyone to know that. That's why most "All class" guides only provide shallow, often incorrect information. What works better is when you pick a class you know very well, and write a guide on it. If you don't know any class very well, stick to reading guides, not writing them. "Very well" in my opinion, includes strategies of how to use that class in WoE, PvP, mvping, partying situations, etc. If you only know one feature well, write a specific guide about that. Basically, write what you know. Because writing what you don't know, or don't know very well doesn't help anyone.

This is what I meant when I bluntly (and harshly, I guess) said that the info you're providing here is less than the average player's knowledge of classes. There are many, MANY people who have played a majority of classes, especially since this is a high rate and characters are very easy to level. Maybe you should consider waiting to write a guide until you've actually played more classes? It won't take long, and you'll be much better equipped with valuable info then, than you are now.

As for not having checked text before adding it to your guide...well, no excuse really, you should have checked it. By adding it to your guide, you're at least partly responsible for that info. If you didn't know that stuff previously, you should have done your homework and checked up on it. You would be doing a disservice to the community if you included inaccurate information in your guide. While it might have been someone else's contribution, you're the "editor" of the topic, and it's your responsibility to make the guide as accurate as possible, per your abilities.

Lets say this is some general information the classes played in ragnarok. Making a guide for every class, with builds, cards, equipment is going to take up to much time and to much space. I do this with a lot of games and forums and most of the time it workds out pretty good. Every class explains things they are good in and things they have in general.

I might have checked this a second time and ill check everyones post well trough, before editting my post. In addittion, ill try more classes out in-game, that might help. >_<

I admit I was wrong and I should have get into it more, but non the less, it happened and I editted some things you guys mentioned. I hope its right now and good use to the community.

• 5 weeks later...
what about the creators Acid Demonstration... HOW COULD YOU LEAVE THAT OUT?! It is definatly my favourite skill for a creator. Just above the Homunculus summoning one!

I know, I am busy, but my brother only posted that shit.

what about the creators Acid Demonstration... HOW COULD YOU LEAVE THAT OUT?! It is definatly my favourite skill for a creator. Just above the Homunculus summoning one!

I know, I am busy, but my brother only posted that shit.

xD

I am either deleting it or redoing the whole guide. It kinda sucks now.

There's no point of deleting it Toad, I suggest you fill it with more informations and try to include all class, and if you have time, try knowing each class further by playing them in game. ;)

There's no point of deleting it Toad, I suggest you fill it with more informations and try to include all class, and if you have time, try knowing each class further by playing them in game. ;)

That last thing won't happen. Since I hate player more characters at once, switching all of my equipment and stuff and I only find some classes awesome. Ill just edit everything after my event.